Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The lady who rang me from the RSPCA was really lovely. She said that the law is just crazy and she wishes things were different.
I just don’t understand why a dog needs to suffer more before any action can be taken.
I know the RSPCA gets a lot of criticism, but I really think the biggest issue is the law. They can only follow it and unfortunately it is vague and there really isn’t any enforcement of it. They get so many calls they just cannot handle the demand too. Such a shame as it’s the animals that suffer. Animals are my life, I’m studying them to work with them and I just want to save them all 🙁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I absolutely hate things like this! 😡
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Another little update.
When I saw the RSPCA turn up yesterday and quickly drive off, I could it see their front door. Their neighbour spoke to me today, upset, to say the RSPCA turned up, knocked on the door a few times, waited a couple of minutes, no answer so left.
39 mins later the dog owner (who’s van was parked on his drive) drive away so he was obviously in and not answering the door.
Then the same thing happened today. RSPCA turned up, no answer so they left even though the owners van was they and his partners car both on the drive.
Their neighbour said they was definitely in.
Not quite sure what the RSPCA can do if they can’t get into the property. But the neighbour thinks the dog is injured due to the beating so they don’t want to let the RSPCA in
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Another little update.
When I saw the RSPCA turn up yesterday and quickly drive off, I could it see their front door. Their neighbour spoke to me today, upset, to say the RSPCA turned up, knocked on the door a few times, waited a couple of minutes, no answer so left.
39 mins later the dog owner (who’s van was parked on his drive) drive away so he was obviously in and not answering the door.
Then the same thing happened today. RSPCA turned up, no answer so they left even though the owners van was they and his partners car both on the drive.
Their neighbour said they was definitely in.
Not quite sure what the RSPCA can do if they can’t get into the property. But the neighbour thinks the dog is injured due to the beating so they don’t want to let the RSPCA in
This is heartbreaking. At what point can they break in and enter?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
When we was discussing it today we both said that at what point will they remove the animal. The poor thing has been very quiet compared to its usual barking.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have you or your neighbour heard it at all since the beating? I hate people who hurt animals and I hate that the law doesn’t care either 😢
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I don’t believe the RSPCA are able to do that. They would need the police. I don’t really know how the police work but I guess they would need a warrant to do that. The law is so poor in regards to animal abuse it’s awful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
I don’t believe the RSPCA are able to do that. They would need the police. I don’t really know how the police work but I guess they would need a warrant to do that. The law is so poor in regards to animal abuse it’s awful.
That really is terrible! I have no idea how the law works but it does sound very poor when it comes to animal abuse. The RSPCA need to be given far greater power plus the sentencing for these monsters needs to be lengthened substantially

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Have you or your neighbour heard it at all since the beating? I hate people who hurt animals and I hate that the law doesn’t care either 😢
The day I heard the sever beating it was whimpering on and off. Since then it had done the odd cry & bark but stops as soon as it starts which is extremely unusual, it usually barks and cries for hours on end.
I don’t want to sound over dramatic but it’s like it’s too hurt to bark. I have been imagining broken ribs etc
The usual constant barking and crying is an absolute nightmare to put up with, drives us insane day & night, effecting sleep etc
But now I am listening out for it and worrying why it’s hardly making a noise.
Hope I am making sense
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Makes perfect sense. My worry was whether he’d finished it off rather than deal with any consequences. Thank you for trying to help