Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thankyou but we are pofq and por isn’t available for the other dates.
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Thankyou but we are pofq and por isn’t available for the other dates.
I saw that but you could move and as it’s the other half of the same resorts it’s not far to go
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

True although I can book pofq on the USA site and try asking to stay in the same room maybe. I’m still holding out hope lol
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Ive used the US site a few times to book holidays. TBH I’ve always find the US side a lot more helpful and accommodating than the U.K. side
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
Ive used the US site a few times to book holidays. TBH I’ve always find the US side a lot more helpful and accommodating than the U.K. side
I can cancel too (should anything come up this side) or Dvc sounds appealing.
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

I’m in a similar position, have 12 nights booked at Beach Club with DDP but would like to extend for a further 2 nights and there isn’t the availability in Beach Club. Searching every day and it’s so limited for October! I’m considering booking another resort buying DVC points or booking Club Level in another Deluxe - won’t have DDP but breakfast / snacks included. I’m not keen on a value either! Just don’t know what to do
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Have you tried looking on the USA site. I did see club level akl but wasn’t sure about it and not having ddp as it’s our first time and want character meals.

I can’t believe August has tons of rooms - I assumed that would be busier
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You are still a long way out, OKW and SSR rooms come out in batches and you will have a number of opportunities to switch. DVC bookings have key milestones at 7 months which triggers availability to non DVC bookings. i have never had to track other hotels to know their release patterns

I had a similar issue for one night, so I had my contingency of booking a Hilton chain hotel in DS, to give me 60 days fp etc, they have a free cancellation 3 days before arrival for the deal i got. I then knew I was covered and relaxed, from that point I checked disney site virtually daily from September and this week availability finally appeared and i extended my stay and cancelled the other booking.

Would this work for you?
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 10:55 AM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

After the first portion of dining plan, you’ll probably be so full that a few days of AKL club at the end would be enough without buying much out of pocket. Could be a good contingency plan?
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you should wait until the free nights offer is over and see if availability opens up. I believe the US site still has free cancellation though so it may be worth locking in those additional nights at POFQ now and you can always cancel later.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List