Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
I saw this on twitter as I follow her. From what she said on there was the photographer took photos of her which she was fine with, but then she meet Iain, and they went to get a coffee & sit down in the airport as they hadn't been together since everything happened at the weekend. She politely asked him to stop as he'd got pictures of her and she wanted to spend some time with her boyfriend, and then because he was more or less hounding them that's when Iain started filming. I have to say the video shows the photographer being extremely rude & asking "has another close friend died or something" when she said they were mourning a friend How 'true' her side of the story is I have no idea but that's what I made of it when I read her tweets!
Fair points. It presents a different side of it. Which does just go to show how the press, in this case the BBC can tell a story in a certain way by missing out some of the facts.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I find some "stars" reaction to be odd. There is a story today on the BBC webpage about Laura Whitmore complaining that photographs were being taken of her when she arrived in South Africa presumably to continue her work on Love Island. She didn't want the photos taken as she said she was in mourning.

bbc/news/entertainment-arts-51574411

However just two days ago she was happy to be photographed arriving at the Brits an event to my knowledge she wasn't working at.

metro/2020/02/18/brits...hoes-12262465/

The press can be dreadful, they have much to be ashamed of. However we can't go down a route where people can dictate when they can write a story about them or not.
I’m confused by your post to be honest. I’d have thought it to be the other way round - that you can’t walk the red carpet at the Brits and expect to not be photographed. Whereas arriving off a flight and meeting your boyfriend, surely you have every right to privacy?

I think it’s awful that it’s okay for ‘anyone’ to take photos of ‘anyone’ against their wishes to be honest. I hate having my photo taken, and really dislike that people (friends, granted) can take my picture then put it on social media. It makes me very uncomfortable. Thankfully it happens very rarely, and mainly because I avoid cameras anyway! But... I write trip reports, and have photos of my family (and me) in them, however I do always screen the photos with whoever is in them before posting
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I’m confused by your post to be honest. I’d have thought it to be the other way round - that you can’t walk the red carpet at the Brits and expect to not be photographed. Whereas arriving off a flight and meeting your boyfriend, surely you have every right to privacy?

I think it’s awful that it’s okay for ‘anyone’ to take photos of ‘anyone’ against their wishes to be honest. I hate having my photo taken, and really dislike that people (friends, granted) can take my picture then put it on social media. It makes me very uncomfortable. Thankfully it happens very rarely, and mainly because I avoid cameras anyway! But... I write trip reports, and have photos of my family (and me) in them, however I do always screen the photos with whoever is in them before posting
What you have written bears no relationship to what I wrote. Not surprised your confused.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What you have written bears no relationship to what I wrote. Not surprised your confused.
I read it that you thought it odd that Laura was happy to have her photo taken walking the red carpet at the Brits, but not happy to have her photo taken meeting her boyfriend at the airport. But if that’s not what you meant then I’ll take my confusion elsewhere.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I completely understood what the previous poster meant.
You had stated that Laura was happy to pose for the cameras at the Brit Awards, of course she was as it's "expected", it's a public stage.
You then said that she didn't want to be photographed in South Africa, no she didn't, she was meeting up with her boyfriend for the first time after the sad news that one of their close friends had died, she deserved some privacy in that instance, you cannot compare the two, one was a public stage the other was a private meeting.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I read it that you thought it odd that Laura was happy to have her photo taken walking the red carpet at the Brits, but not happy to have her photo taken meeting her boyfriend at the airport. But if that’s not what you meant then I’ll take my confusion elsewhere.
That's how I read it too.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread