Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#31
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
At the Hazy, besides Enola Gay, I was particularly keen to see the Dornier DO334, the Heinkel HE219 Owl, the Arado Blitz and the Mitsubishi Seiran.. all the last of their type.

At Dayton OH, you get Bocks Car (the other nuclear bomber), The actual Memphis Belle and best of all, the XB70 Mach 3 bomber. If you like plane porn, have a look at the Boston trip in my signature!.. and the California one.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#32
Tweety1
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 14
This pre trippie has made my afternoon! What with this and finding the Christmas thread on the Dibb it痴 been a good afternoon
I am extremely jealous and really want to do this myself it sounds amazing! Did you not fancy the Madonna inn (everyone seems to stay there)? You will love the studio tour. Let痴 hope we have some normality in our lives by the time you go
__________________
Going back to the happy place
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#33
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
This pre trippie has made my afternoon! What with this and finding the Christmas thread on the Dibb it痴 been a good afternoon
I am extremely jealous and really want to do this myself it sounds amazing! Did you not fancy the Madonna inn (everyone seems to stay there)? You will love the studio tour. Let痴 hope we have some normality in our lives by the time you go
We did the Madonna Inn in 2018 , (Chinese Paper Room) we loved the place, the restaurant and particularly, the HUGE Black Forest Cake. You can see it in the link in my signature and it might go some way to explaining why SFO is light and LA practically non existent. It also has a fair bit of San Diego etc. (I get a lot of fun and pleasure, doing live trip reports and in a single thread). You might prefer it!

This time, we chose Pismo because we want to get in the Pacific and want to spend the evening on the pier, hopefully watching the fishing and the surfers.

Lets hope that we get there this time!
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381

Edited at 08:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#34
Tweety1
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 14
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We did the Madonna Inn in 2018 , (Chinese Paper Room) we loved the place, the restaurant and particularly, the HUGE Black Forest Cake. You can see it in the link in my signature and it might go some way to explaining why SFO is light and LA practically non existent. It also has a fair bit of San Diego etc. (I get a lot of fun and pleasure, doing live trip reports and in a single thread). You might prefer it!

This time, we chose Pismo because we want to get in the Pacific and want to spend the evening on the pier, hopefully watching the fishing and the surfers.

Lets hope that we get there this time!
I hope so as surely by then it will be somewhat normal! It痴 making me want to book
__________________
Going back to the happy place

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#35
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I hope so as surely by then it will be somewhat normal! It痴 making me want to book
Terms of cancellation are so generous right now that I perceive no real risk to my money.

My flights with BA are on credit card and in any case can be deferred/rearranged if there is no travel. They have gone up over 」100pp since I booked them at 355 days from return.

My internal flight can be deferred/rearranged at no cost.

My hotels and car hires cabin be cancelled at 48 hrs notice.

I have paid for practically everything, as I have concerns re the exchange rates in coming months. Whilst it may improve a little, it could drop a fair bit (imho).
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#36
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
This time, we chose Pismo because we want to get in the Pacific and want to spend the evening on the pier, hopefully watching the fishing and the surfers.

I love Pismo- have been a few times. When you're there, you need to get some cinnamon rolls from here: oldwestcinnamonrolls/ It's a must- don't argue.


I really do hope all turns out well and you can make your Cali trip next year, CFB!
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#37
tocpe321
VIP Dibber
 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
This time, we chose Pismo because we want to get in the Pacific and want to spend the evening on the pier, hopefully watching the fishing and the surfers.

Lets hope that we get there this time!
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
I love Pismo- have been a few times. When you're there, you need to get some cinnamon rolls from here: oldwestcinnamonrolls/ It's a must- don't argue.


I really do hope all turns out well and you can make your Cali trip next year, CFB!
Hi Amy. Hope you and yours are well, TC.





cfb

If you're interested in a nice stop between San Simeon and Pismo there's a nice beach place called Cayucos.

We stopped there randomly and I've got to recommend a couple of places. One is Duckie's that do excellent Clam Chowder in a bread bowl. The other is a bakery the Brown Butter Cookie Company. I recommend the lemon ones.

Making me feel a tad peckish.
__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#38
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Hi Amy. Hope you and yours are well, TC.

Hi TC! 👋👋 So good to 都ee you. It痴 been awhile since we致e run into each other on the forums. Everyone is doing well here, thank you. I hope you and the family are doing good!

Your recommendations for CFB sound good. I am going to make note of them for when I am in that area next time. 👍
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#39
tocpe321
VIP Dibber
 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi TC! 👋👋 So good to 都ee you. It痴 been awhile since we致e run into each other on the forums. Everyone is doing well here, thank you. I hope you and the family are doing good!

Your recommendations for CFB sound good. I am going to make note of them for when I am in that area next time. 👍
Yes we're all fine thanks, Amy.

Hoping to visit DC, Tennesee etc. next year.

Take care.

__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#40
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Yes we're all fine thanks, Amy.

Hoping to visit DC, Tennesee etc. next year.

Take care.


Those sound great! Two places I have never been to but have always wanted to see, especially DC. Hope you are able to make your trip next year!
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th November 11:54am
Experience SeaWorld as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland with more than 3... Read More »
Posted in Mickey
On 22nd October 4:51pm
Guests can now start their magical adventure before their visit with their very own personalised... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2999
CaxtonFX  $1.2923
Covent Garden FX  $1.3050
FAIRFX  $1.2935
John Lewis  $1.3010
M&S  $1.2810
Post Office  $1.2791
Sainsburys  $1.2967
TESCO  $1.2992
Travelex  $1.2883
Updated: 02:30 08/12/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1495
CaxtonFX  €1.1450
Covent Garden FX  €1.1629
FAIRFX  €1.1503
John Lewis  €1.1520
M&S  €1.1346
Post Office  €1.1328
Sainsburys  €1.1473
TESCO  €1.1492
Travelex  €1.1464
Updated: 02:30 08/12/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X