Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’re booked on the Fantasy 15/8. Pay in full was delayed a month to mid May so we’re waiting until then to decide what to do.

A lot of people on our sailing have cancelled already and from what I’ve seen on our Facebook group they’re getting their deposit back.

Atm I’m tempted to pif and take the higher cruise credit if they cancel.

Might completely change my mind before paying though.

I’m thinking it might be sensible to phone my insurance before we pif and see how we stand with that. We have annual cover through our bank.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I feel like no one really knows what is likely to happen. I personally would wait it out and see where we are. I still haven't cancelled ADRs for Disney in May and I know we aren't going just feel sad cancelling lol,

In all honesty the world is changing on a daily basis and noone can predict it. I have the WBTA booked in October on the Magic and am still hopeful about it (especially as there is a dry dock in Europe scheduled just before it). I do think DCL are trying to not cancel everything at once to keep phone lines relatively OK for people but I also think that they will want to maximise the money they can make this year so will only cancel those there is no chance of running. Carnival I think it was is saying they are going to start back up in July running Caribbean cruises so I would think others will follow suit if they manage it. That said how realistic that is I don't know.
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re booked on the Fantasy 15/8. Pay in full was delayed a month to mid May so we’re waiting until then to decide what to do.

A lot of people on our sailing have cancelled already and from what I’ve seen on our Facebook group they’re getting their deposit back.

I’m thinking it might be sensible to phone my insurance before we pif and see how we stand with that. We have annual cover through our bank.
We are booked on that one too. We have paid off most of the balance already so just waiting it out at the moment. Can't see it happening though.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked on a 5 night from New York on the Magic in October. I can't bring myself to cancel yet but I doubt we will be going

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

After a bit of indecision we have decided our September cruise is not viable so we have moved it to September 2021. We didn’t want to pay the balance (due this week) so emailed Dreams Unlimited who we booked with and they have changed it all for us.
We couldn’t cancel as we would lose deposit (concierge) so this is our only option. Sad but hope next year will be better
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Sounds like the best decision for you guys currently. It was a difficult one I'm sure but at least you have next year to look forward to.
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

So we held on to the 91 day mark but in the absence of any communication from Disney, we’ve today cancelled our cruise and lost the deposit.

I have to admit I suspect Disney will cancel the cruise in the course of time, but we weren’t prepared to potentially lose more money if they didn’t.

The agent did seem to suggest that if Disney does cancel, they may then return our deposit; that would be great if they did but if not, we’ll take the loss.

She also offered to move the money to another cruise but this (our first experience) has put us off the idea of cruising, to be honest!

A final note; I was on hold for 2.5 hours and it took like 30 secs once I got through; I was entertained by the choice of hold music. “Go the distance” and “how far I’ll go”? If only.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I've just put the phone down from DCL and we have till 20th to decide if we cancel and loose our deposit. When I logged onto the website the itinerary has gone and so had our cabin assignment which made me think it was maybe getting cancelled but nothing has been decided apparently. Cast member thought it could just be a glitch with the website! We are sick of waiting to hear something now. I thought we would be excited about the fact this cruise might go ahead but the closer we get the more we don't want to get on. 🙁

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
I've just put the phone down from DCL and we have till 20th to decide if we cancel and loose our deposit. When I logged onto the website the itinerary has gone and so had our cabin assignment which made me think it was maybe getting cancelled but nothing has been decided apparently. Cast member thought it could just be a glitch with the website! We are sick of waiting to hear something now. I thought we would be excited about the fact this cruise might go ahead but the closer we get the more we don't want to get on. 🙁
We had exactly the same with the website this morning, and wondered the same, but I tried to go to the latest news page on the site and it was also borked, so I figured website issue.

I must admit the complete lack of communication from both DCL and WDW about our bookings has surprised me, I think they could have been more upfront/proactive.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post

We are also booked on this cruise and , like you , are waiting until closer to our ( delayed) final payment date at the end of June. We’ve booked with a US TA and would get our deposit back. Would you be able to share details of the FB group with me please? Xxx
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List