Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Disney springs on a Saturday.

So, basically as it says in the title.
We are going in May and have pretty much done our itinerary but I did it when Disney springs wasn't yet on the busy day guide and have put down a Saturday to visit, which is least recommended. Is it a bad idea going on a Saturday or is it do able? We will have a little one in tow and will be spending a decent amount of time there. Also eating somewhere whilst we are there.

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Lots of locals will spend their weekends there shopping, eating and drinking. The evenings will be busy whatever day you go

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

the only time in August the car parks where showing as full (both of them) was on a saturday , my daughter wanted to nip to sephora but it was heaving so we avoided and went another day
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

It's definitely busier but we still find it ok to get around (just DH and I though). The evening on a Saturday is even busier with big crowds around performers. You're still able to walk around them if you aren't watching them but it's a bit more awkward.

There was a 2 hour wait for Rainforest last time we went in a Sat so recommend booking an ADR (or get a Landrys card if you want to eat the Rainforest or Trex)
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

I was worried it was going to be a pain to get round. Are Fridays any better at all? X

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

if you fancy driving around the car parks for 30 mins and being cut up many times by rubbish US drivers, then DS is the place to be on Saturday

If you fancy being in a massive hoard of people and it being hard to walk around, DS is the place to be

honestly, leave it and go another night, Friday will be close to as Busy as the Americans who go for the weekend often just pop to DS for a bite to eat after then check in
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Here at the moment and staying just across from Disney springs so go over most evenings! Friday eve through all of Sunday heaving. Queues for food very long. Monday through Thursday bliss!

If you have to go on a weekend I suggest you get there for opening and you will get around ok for a while!

Of course different times if year may affect crowds but my guess is weekends will always be busy.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We joined Mr Tom Morrow and family ( a lovely 2 hours ) last week on a Sunday around 5/30 it was busy but very manageable DH and I were in last Saturday evening and we found it busy with folk milling about it the shops resturants were actually really not that busy at tills tables etc but if intending to eat between 5/7 with a little one and ADR is a must I'd say
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread