Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Jan 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Planning Help - Honeymoon Week in Orlando

We are currently in the middle of planning our 3 week honeymoon in May, where we will be spending the first week in Florida. We are travelling from Scotland and this will be our 1st trip to Florida and we want to ensure that we maximise our time here, below is our rough plan at the moment. Any advice or tips on where best to eat/what fast passes to try and book, etc would be much appreciated

Day 1 - Monday 8th May
Morning - TC flight from MAN to MCO
Afternoon - Check in StaySky Suites I-Drive
Evening - Explore & Dinner on I-Drive

Day 2 - Wednesday 9th May
All Day - Magic Kingdom
Dinner at ?

Day 3 - Tuesday 10th May
All Day - Epcot
Dinner at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Day 4 - Thursday 11th May
Morning - Animal Kingdom
Afternoon & Evening - Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant or 50s Prime Time Café

Day 5 - Friday 12th May
All Day - Universal Studios
Dinner at Margaritaville

Day 6 - Saturday 13th
All Day - Island of Adventure
Dinner at Three Broomsticks

Day 7 - Sunday 14th May
All Day - Kennedy Space Centre
Dinner on I-Drive

Day 8 - Monday 15th May
Morning - Check out & flight to Washington DC

Week 2 - Washington DC & Philadelphia
Week 3 - NYC & Toronto

Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like it will be an amazing honeymoon.
Are you hiring a car?
Old 9 Jan 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Sounds like it will be an amazing honeymoon.
Are you hiring a car?
We were only planning on hiring a car for the day trip to Kennedy Space Centre as the return coach is coming out at around £100.

The hotel we are staying at provides a free shuttle to both Disney & Universal and we were hoping to use that, as long as we can get the planning right!
Old 9 Jan 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Have you booked your disney restaurants yet? (Unless you are going 2018 rather than 2017) Some book up 180 days in advance.
On 9th at magic kingdom - only 3 restaurants are showing as available - skippers canteen, liberty tree and crystal palace. There are some quick service restaurants that don't need booking though.
waiting4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Have you booked your disney restaurants yet? (Unless you are going 2018 rather than 2017) Some book up 180 days in advance.
On 9th at magic kingdom - only 3 restaurants are showing as available - skippers canteen, liberty tree and crystal palace. There are some quick service restaurants that don't need booking though.
We've just booked for Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, 50s Primetime Cafe at HS & the Norwegian restaurant at Epcot (trying something a bit different!)

We didn't realise until recently how far in advance you need to book dinner reservations!
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tomogriffo
New Poster (2)

Hey OP - we are on the same flight route as you but 2 weeks later for our honeymoon too (well the first part - off to mexico for 2 weeks after it)

Can anyone advise me on how best to use a one day park hopper ticket for disney?
The mrs wants to atleast see MK and i'm after some decent thrill rides.
Planning on doing a proper disney trip next year but this year will just be miostly universal/busch/seaworld with the 1 day in disney.

thanks in advance
tomogriffo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tomogriffo View Post
Hey OP - we are on the same flight route as you but 2 weeks later for our honeymoon too (well the first part - off to mexico for 2 weeks after it)

Can anyone advise me on how best to use a one day park hopper ticket for disney?
The mrs wants to atleast see MK and i'm after some decent thrill rides.
Planning on doing a proper disney trip next year but this year will just be miostly universal/busch/seaworld with the 1 day in disney.

thanks in advance
In one day - I would say go to hollywood studios for rope drop - do tower of terror, rock n roller coster and starwars.
Then head to magic kingdom and book fast passses for the 3 mountains. See the parade etc.
Old 16 Jan 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tomogriffo
New Poster (2)

In one day - I would say go to hollywood studios for rope drop - do tower of terror, rock n roller coster and starwars.
Then head to magic kingdom and book fast passses for the 3 mountains. See the parade etc.
Sounds like a plan. Thank you. I'll have a little dig around the site to try and plan the day.
Would you advise just parking up in HS and using Disney transport to get around and leave the car at HS until the end of the day?
tomogriffo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally would drive to each park (unless I was going between epcot and MK). If you plan to stay for wishes then it's probably better to drive to MK so your car is there at the end of the night.
As you are only doing 1 day I would pay for preferred parking as you plan on park hopping.