Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babekel View Post
Hi Geoffa,

I am an avid Disneyworld visitor but never done Disneyland CA. When I was on the website and looking at what rides/ attractions were in California Adenture, it felt like this was more for small children but I am of course wrong.

We are going to LA for my Dads 60th and we are all massive movie fans (I also work in the industry) but on reflection, after already booking our hotel etc, we thought as a family it would be the icing on the holiday to visit Disney as we all haven't been to this park and would be all experiencing it for the first time. With this we have decided to defiantly do Disney but not sure if we should do 1 park or both? We are undecided on how many days so want to ask advice (baring in mind we have lots planned in the Hollywood area)? If we could only do 1 park on 1 day, which park would you suggest? The original Disneyland? (We love the history around this park, as it was the first etc)

Also, we are going in November. Is this 'off-peak season'? Or is it still really busy? Do you still suggest avoiding it of a weekend? Is Nov still hot over there?

Thank you again!
When are you going in November?

I can think of at least two things which will make it busier: Thanksgiving and a RunDisney event 8-12 November. Avoid weekends too, it's primarily a locals' park.

If it was me I'd try and do both parks. We spent four jam packed days here a few years back, and it wasn't enough (but we are sad Disney nerds). If you love the Disney history, I hope you may find visiting Disneyland quite special. We did.
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

If you only had one day then it would have to be the original - Disneyland park. It's where Walt walked and planned. In fact if you had more time I would have recommended the "Walk in Walt's footsteps " tour. You normally get to visit the Dream Suite above the Pirates of the Caribbean (it's their equivalent of the Cinderella suite) and on odd occasions you get to visit the Disney apartment above the Fire House. We weren't that lucky.
Do remember though that they are in the process of adding Star Wars land into the park and this is causing disruption and some rides / attractions may be closed on your visit. The railroad is fort sure.
If you can find time go visit the Grand Californian Hotel. It's built in Arts and Craft style and we love it. If you have any other queries you think I can maybe answer on Disneyland then PM me. I'd be happy to help.

If it was me I'd be doing 2 days as a minimum because DCA is also a very good park.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
babekel
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
When are you going in November?

I can think of at least two things which will make it busier: Thanksgiving and a RunDisney event 8-12 November. Avoid weekends too, it's primarily a locals' park.

If it was me I'd try and do both parks. We spent four jam packed days here a few years back, and it wasn't enough (but we are sad Disney nerds). If you love the Disney history, I hope you may find visiting Disneyland quite special. We did.
Hi Karen,

We are going 1st Nov until 8th Nov - so thinking of doing Disney on either Monday 6th or Tuesday 7th or both days if we do both parks.

Indian Ridge Villa - '01 & '09, Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel - '11, Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe - '14, Lindfields Villa - '15, Hollywood Historic Hotel - '17, Disney’ Coronado Springs & off-site Villa - ‘18
babekel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babekel View Post
Hi Karen,

We are going 1st Nov until 8th Nov - so thinking of doing Disney on either Monday 6th or Tuesday 7th or both days if we do both parks.
I'd guess those would be quiet
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If I only had one day I would too pick Disneyland Park.. To me the Disneyland Park is Disney.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List