Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Jan 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

DVC advice

Hi, we have booked our flights for 17 nights August 2018 and the plan so far is 3 nights at sapphire falls to make use of early entry to harry potter. We will then be doing one week at a Sheraton resort (timeshare) and one week at Saratoga Springs using DVC.
From what i understand when staying at saratoga we will be able to book fastpasses 60 days out and ADRs 180 days out for the week we are there, we will be able to get magic bands as well.

Now would you do Saratoga first or Sheraton first? My first instinct would be to do disney straight after universal so that the final week can be more relaxed and slower paced.

Are there any other benefits with DVC that i am missing/forgetting (aside from dining & shopping discounts etc)?
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You will get MB but you won't get them until check in at SSR. As far as benefits () you only get dining discount in certain places, it's generally 10% but worth mentioning that this doesn't include the tax % so it's not massive. Likewise with shopping, not all places give you a discount but generally if they are Disney ruin then they do. Always worth asking. You will need your membership card & ID.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
You will get MB but you won't get them until check in at SSR. As far as benefits () you only get dining discount in certain places, it's generally 10% but worth mentioning that this doesn't include the tax % so it's not massive. Likewise with shopping, not all places give you a discount but generally if they are Disney ruin then they do. Always worth asking. You will need your membership card & ID.
SD
Thank you Doesn't seem you get many perks for being DVC anymore. Very excited to get magic bands

We will be buying a 14 day pass before we go (probably from attraction tickets), is it fairly easy to link this to the reservation?
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Suebo- shopping discount is now 20%, sorry forgot it changed just after we left ! I've always sort of felt that as a "captive" audience they don't need to treat us that well as far as incentives are going.

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Suebo, are you a DVC owner or renting points?
I wasn't sure by your first post. If you are a member then you get the discounts on merchandise / food, access to the members lounge and top of the world bar and also the opportunity to buy a tables in wonderland card which allows an even bigger discount on food on site but you don't get any of these things if you are renting.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

How did you book your flights so early. I am going and staying in our new DVC for 1st time August 2018 but didn't realise flights could be booked more than 11.5 months out? Cheers.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Suebo, are you a DVC owner or renting points?
I wasn't sure by your first post. If you are a member then you get the discounts on merchandise / food, access to the members lounge and top of the world bar and also the opportunity to buy a tables in wonderland card which allows an even bigger discount on food on site but you don't get any of these things if you are renting.
Hi, my mum and dad are DVC owners and we are going with them. Can't wait to stay on site at WDW again even if its only for a week.
Do you think the table in wonderland card is worth doing?
I doubt we will use DVC at wdw for quite a while again so really want to make use of some of the perks and special things you can do as dvc members
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
How did you book your flights so early. I am going and staying in our new DVC for 1st time August 2018 but didn't realise flights could be booked more than 11.5 months out? Cheers.
My mum and dad have book their flights via virgin holidays as a fly drive. I'm waiting to do mine when they are released in September as i have miles to use towards payment
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suebo View Post
Hi, my mum and dad are DVC owners and we are going with them. Can't wait to stay on site at WDW again even if its only for a week.
Do you think the table in wonderland card is worth doing?
I doubt we will use DVC at wdw for quite a while again so really want to make use of some of the perks and special things you can do as dvc members
For a week, almost certainly not worth getting a TIW card. We found a surprising number of onsite restaurants gave us 20% with DVC, this trip. Much better perks, plus the Member Lounge in Epcot is really great.
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
For a week, almost certainly not worth getting a TIW card. We found a surprising number of onsite restaurants gave us 20% with DVC, this trip. Much better perks, plus the Member Lounge in Epcot is really great.
Thank you I didn't think it would be, we will unlikely to be eating at WDW for our whole trip (too expensive)
Got the member lounge in Epcot on the list, hoping it will still be open come August 2018.