Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done it twice and while we really enjoyed it I don't know that I could recommend it for $400. I only have me to worry about as I don't have kids and one of the years we did it to give us an extra MK day so it was worth it. It's great fun and there's lots going on. The parade is fab and it's so much fun seeing everyone dressed up. But I don't know that anyone else can tell you if it's worth $400 for you. Unfortunately until you've done it you won't know!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went twice last year and really enjoyed it - it was great fun going trick or treating, and the shows and atmosphere was all excellent. The parade was fun, loved the Cadaver Dans going around entertaining people who were waiting for the parade, fireworks were cool, and the hocus pocus show was good as well.

On one of the days it rained and rained and rained around 10pm. This meant that the fireworks were delayed (only got let off around 11.30pm). What impressed me was that as the rain stopped, Disney then went ahead and started the parade at midnight, which is when the party was meant to have ended! The upside of it was that a lot of people went home, so there was a lot of space to watch the parade. And as I was the one sole person who turned up at the Splash Mountain trick or treat station just before midnight, I ended up with a lot of candy (as the 4 CMs there decided to just dump huge handfuls of candy into my bag...). I ended up with about 3kg of candy!

I think it's worth doing at least once, as it's a very cool experience and very fun.
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We did it on 30/10/16. Best day of the holiday for my DS (10). STUPID expensive, but worth every penny. Would go again in a heartbeat.

Here's the post from my trip report if you want to read it/see some snaps of the night.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...father+inde x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

You will get lots of different replies about its worth. We went last year on our last night. We did enjoy it and it was a different experience that I'm glad we have done once, as we are unlikely to be back in Halloween season. We got kilos of chocolate and lots of rides were walk ons but all the other Halloween specific stuff had crazy queues. We didn't meet any special characters and missed most of the photopass photographers due to huge queues. Parade, show and fireworks were good but had to stalk our spot earlier than normal parades etc. We had a 21 day ultimate and on top of that it was definitely not worth the money. If I was heading to Orlando without Disney passes it might be worth it for a Disney fix.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Thank you all for you replies - a great spectrum of opinions which i was looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to reply (and sharing for your link GopherLass)
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Is it all cheap horrid American chocolate/sweets they give out? Just trying to figure out if we would end up throwing most of it in the bin, as kids would love the idea of trick/treating.

Does everyone dress up?
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hodders View Post
Is it all cheap horrid American chocolate/sweets they give out? Just trying to figure out if we would end up throwing most of it in the bin, as kids would love the idea of trick/treating.

Does everyone dress up?
2016 had snickers, mars, Milky Way, m&ms, skittles, starburst. I was really impressed as I expected "cheap candy" - although they do taste different to the UK versions and some are an acquired taste. I think our Starburst went in the bin.

No not everyone dresses up but there are a fair number in full on costumes or themed t shirts. We just wore matching orange jack-o-lantern t shirts with black shorts - not too hot to wear and the characters/cast members all make a fuss of your costume.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This was us on our first one we did. Not everyone dresses up but we had to , it was 31/10 after all lol
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did it in 2015 on our first ever trip, and enjoyed it, and glad we did it otherwise I would always be thinking I'd missed out. However I wouldn't pay to do it again...not if we had a 14 day ultimate ticket anyway as I enjoyed the regular parade and wishes fireworks more than the Halloween ones.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

We love it, been twice now 2012 and 2015 and hopefully (if it starts on 1st September) going again this year. We love dressing up for it and seeing other peoples outfits, the parade is brilliant and the atmosphere is fantastic. We went earlier last time and had a meal in the Beasts Chamber in the Be Our Guest Restaurant and it was brilliant, really got you in the mood.

If you've got the Disney Ultimate Ticket and an Halloween ticket it doesn't matter what time you go in, but you can still go at 4pm so you've got 8 hours and I think admission to Magic Kingdom can be around $100 on a normal day can't it, so it's not as bad value as you think.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List