Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Jan 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Comprehensive list of all attractions in all parks?

Hi

I'm currently creating a funky excel spreadsheet listing all the parks, attractions, locations within parks, ride info etc. Its quite a task so before I continue, has anybody else done this recently who's willing to share?

Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyhol2017 View Post
Hi

I'm currently creating a funky excel spreadsheet listing all the parks, attractions, locations within parks, ride info etc. Its quite a task so before I continue, has anybody else done this recently who's willing to share?

Thanks in advance
They are not spreadsheets but the following DIBB guidebook pages list the Disney attractions and various other bits of info in tabular form:

WDW Rides 101

Disney Ride Times At a Glance

They both have very similar info and at one point I tried to merge the two but only got so far before giving up.

I don't think there's anything similar for the Universal and Seaworld parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyhol2017 View Post
Hi

Thanks in advance
I constructed a sheet with all the parks and their attractions recently; AK, AQ, BB, BG, DC, EP, HS, IoA, MK, SW, TL, US and VB.

I have around 280 attractions so far, but not all the data is in yet.

Columns; park, priority (must do, etc), map reference (hardly any data as yet, and it changes), order (visiting order), type (show, event etc), attraction, duration (in minutes, about 50% done), FP+ and link (URL to official attraction page, again about 50% complete).

It's all seriously anally retentive, but that's Disney planning for you
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemurf
Excited about Disney

minniemurf's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Mobile

To me, the planning on a cold winter's night is all part of the excitement. I read about someone using evermore, as an app to plan. Don't know if anyone has tried it, but might be worth looking at? Too technical for me tbh
Old 22 Jan 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I constructed a sheet with all the parks and their attractions recently; AK, AQ, BB, BG, DC, EP, HS, IoA, MK, SW, TL, US and VB.

I have around 280 attractions so far, but not all the data is in yet.

Columns; park, priority (must do, etc), map reference (hardly any data as yet, and it changes), order (visiting order), type (show, event etc), attraction, duration (in minutes, about 50% done), FP+ and link (URL to official attraction page, again about 50% complete).

It's all seriously anally retentive, but that's Disney planning for you
You are my idol!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minniemurf View Post
To me, the planning on a cold winter's night is all part of the excitement. I read about someone using evermore, as an app to plan. Don't know if anyone has tried it, but might be worth looking at? Too technical for me tbh
I gotta say I love it too.

I wonder how many folks out there would buy an app to do all the parks? Maybe something already exists?!? I might knock something up just for my lot next trip.

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
You are my idol!
I think the term is sad fool who spends way too much of his time messing around with Florida planning
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

All of the information is in the dibb menu on the right. What benefit would it be on a spreadsheet?
Old 23 Jan 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
All of the information is in the dibb menu on the right. What benefit would it be on a spreadsheet?
To answer the question I know you don't really expect an answer to...

- ease of access
- ability to sort and/or filter
- ability to annotate
- ability to export/import
- ability to control print format
- quality of information
- availability of information

I could probably make that list an order of magnitude larger.

The format is somewhat irrelevant, e.g. Spreadsheet, although some formats suck more than others, e.g. most HTML webpages
Old 23 Jan 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Although most of the information is shown somewhere in the DIBB Guidebook, it's not in one single convenient-to-read place. To find out details about the attractions you have to click on each attraction's page, read it, remember it, click back and then click on the next attraction's page, etc.

Also, having it in a spreadsheet means you can filter and/or sort on various criteria. So, if you wanted a list of all attractions in the Production Central area of Universal Studios or attractions that last longer than 10 minutes then it's easy to do this in a spreadsheet (why you would need such a list is beyond me).

Plus all the other things Forkbeard mentions (I only covered the first two).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I don't subscribe to it myself but I wonder if Touring Plans has something?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List