Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 17, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Mickey's very merry christmas party!

Morning

Could anyone tell me please if they remember when the tickets go on sale for this please?

Also can we definitely enter the park at 4pm?

Are snow white & the 7 dwarfs there for pictures?

Is the castle all lit up when it goes dark or is that just a certain time at the end of the night please?

Any other info would be great please..

Trying to convince DH we should go this year, and I'd love to see all the decorations in the park, so figured this could be better & maybe a little cheaper than a day ticket..

Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Anyone please?
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Think it was 1st May when I got mine (2014) I know I got them day of release.

Castle is lit beautifully, the colours kept changing.

Can't remember seeing Snow White. Didn't feel it was as good as MNSSHP although still very enjoyable. Had hot chocolate in crystal palace and had good position in Main Street to see the parade with Santa and fake snow falling. We got some nice pics on our photopass in front of the castle.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Think it was 1st May when I got mine (2014) I know I got them day of release.

Castle is lit beautifully, the colours kept changing.

Can't remember seeing Snow White. Didn't feel it was as good as MNSSHP although still very enjoyable. Had hot chocolate in crystal palace and had good position in Main Street to see the parade with Santa and fake snow falling. We got some nice pics on our photopass in front of the castle.
That's great thank you

Was the castle lit up from when it got dark do you remember? or just at the end with the fireworks?
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

It was lit all evening, changed from peach, to pink, to purple, to white, and after the fireworks finished it was lit so it looked like it was blanketed in frost (don't know how to describe it any other way, just white all over but in a sparkly way) During the fireworks they had projections on the castle of different Christmas themed things while playing Christmas music. Santa flying on his sleigh, reindeer galloping, candy canes etc.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Oh wow sounds awesome! Thank you..
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The castle lighting show is great, it runs twice during the evening.

Our plan tends to be:

4pm get in, do any FP+ rides (you can book them until 7pm when the park officially closes)

Castle lighting show 6-ish

Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show

Find a good spot for the castle projection show and Holiday Wishes

Grab some food (Pecos Bills was almost empty both times we went on our last visit)

Watch the 10.30 pm parade rather than the earlier one, as it's much quieter. Those with small children tend to leave after Holiday Wishes, and the park goes from ridiculously crowded to half empty!

Do the castle show about 11.30 - you can stroll right to the front as it's so quiet by then.

I have to say we found it incredibly crowded each time we have done it - much more crowded than MK any other time during our visits. You really have to search for the quiet places in between activities (Liberty Square marketplace was a joy!)

Never done characters. Apparently you can meet Snow White and all Seven Dwarves, which is rare, but queues can be several hours long and I wasn't prepared to put in the time.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OCD
Getting to know the DIBB

Don't think I can add too much to the above, other than the fact the large Christmas tree at the front of the park usually has a small lighting ceremony around 6ish, just before the castle is lit up.

Also, all 7 dwarfs are there near the SDMT ride, but Snow White was not there when I went. I think she was at another location in the park, but not with the dwarfs.

The hot chocolate is nice (quite sweet, but I like it like that!), however the cookies are pretty horrible!

The park does seem to get a lot quieter after the first parade and the fireworks. I would do character meeting during the first parade and watch the second parade when it is quieter later on.

Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show was good too.

All in all, definitely worth it!
OCD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Thank you both this is great
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

We went last Nov and loved that they had different drinks and cookies around the park I loved the eggnog drink and had a few 😁
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List