Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Wearing glasses on the rides

Hi,

Im pretty much blind without my glasses and would like to wear them for most of the rides. Im guessing that for the bigger coasters we will be asked to put them in a locker but just wondering if anyone has any advice on which rides we might have problems with!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

DH and I wear glasses and keep them on for all rides. Never been asked to take them off and even on upside down rides they've never come off or felt like they'd fall off.

Wearing glasses is more annoying on 3D rides rather than rollercoasters!

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

The only ride I take my glasses off for is mantra at seaworld, though I do add a strap as a saftey precaution.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

I buy sports straps from amazon/ebay before I fly, they only cost a few quid. They keep my glasses firm in place. I too cannot see without them and it makes the ride better if I can actually see. Not once been asked to take them off on any ride, although I haven't been on the Hulk since the refurb so can't say for certain.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jclutton View Post
I buy sports straps from amazon/ebay before I fly, they only cost a few quid. They keep my glasses firm in place. I too cannot see without them and it makes the ride better if I can actually see. Not once been asked to take them off on any ride, although I haven't been on the Hulk since the refurb so can't say for certain.
I've been on it since the refurb and my glasses stayed firmly on
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I wear mine on everything other than Hulk and Dragon Challenge. I don't have spares so it's just a precaution!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Cheers folks! Ill get a band or collar clip as a precaution
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I wear mine on everything! never lost them yet
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

I wear mine on everything without a strap and haven't lost them yet! don't forget G-forces will push them on your face anyway (and if you can look down at the ground day-to-day without them falling off, they won't fall off when you are on something like Manta looking downwards).

Annoyingly the only place I have ever been asked to take them off is at Alton Towers on Rita, which annoyed me as I couldn't see a thing so couldn't really enjoy the ride!

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

I have never had a problem wearing my glasses on the rides. I've never been asked to remove them either. I think the g-force helps them to stay in place.