toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
4 Generations, Disney Dream & Grand Floridian - September 2016 - DAY 12

Tuesday 4th October

Let it go, let it gooooo

Epcot and Frozen

Today was our Epcot day, and the day I had managed to get Frozen fastpasses

When we first arrived the kids played in the fountain bit for a while. They loved it as you can tell. It was nice to relax here in the sun for a bit. Note to self: take their clothes off next time or have more clothes with us when the kids do this haha.

Callies face in this one haha!

We enjoyed frozen but i was not expecting it to go backwards and Callie freaked out a bit. It was nice but there is no way i would queue for the ridiculous 3 hours or so, so thats it ticked off our list at least.

After this we had a wander round world showcase, up until this trip i normally have least liked epcot, but this time i enjoyed just wandering round the world. I had a strawberry and lemon slush from somewhere along the way and then we carried on all the way round til we were back at the beginning and went on Nemo and Friends. We enjoyed this (first time we have done this ride) and after this it was almost time for our Garden Grill reservation.

The building that has Garden Grill in it, you're not allowed strollers in. I find this totally absurd. Its a massive place with lots of different parts to it, so a stroller is needed. Anyway I argued it out with the girl and she eventually gave me a pass that allowed the stroller in, Stephen was thinking about taking a nap (which never actually came to anything).

We took a walk around to Garden Grill and were soon called to a seat on the lowest level next to the pathway at the different lands etc. Garden Grill was a reservation that we had made just to use up our dining credit but everyone had said it was good. Well it was ok. Food was ok, you get platters handed to your table (family style eating) but it was a random combination of food. Turkey, mac n cheese, sweet potato fries, sausage, mash etc. There was only three sausages on the platter and stephen would eat them by himself so we asked for more and were only given another three (which Callie eyed up).

The character interaction here was amazing though. Every character came round a few times and really had fun with the kids. The second time Pluto came round, Nana hadn't noticed and Pluto sneaked up at the side of here and rested his nose on her shoulder. The kids were squealing with delight and we were laughing our heads off so Nana looked round to see what we were laughing at and obviously came face to face with Pluto and she jumped about a hundred feet in the air. It was so funny and i thought Pluto and the kids were going to cry laughing

And Stephens Face here:

Shouting on Mickey here even though he was with someone else

After this we decided to try soarin' while we were here. I had fastpassed it for another day but we decided to use our free fastpasses for this. Stephen had fell asleep by this point so me and Callie went on soarin' while Nana and Gogo waited with him then we swapped over. Callie didn't like this but i loved it! Nana and Gogo loved it too

After we left here, we went to the Disney Artwork shop where Gogo bought some lovely art for the kids room at her house back home. We spent ages in here, i literally loved everything. Especially the nice $3000 ones Maybe one day haha!

We went back to the GF for a while to relax and get changed for our Sci Fi Dine In Theater reservation later (We have been every trip and love this place!) However Nana wasn't feeling very well so decided to sit it out tonight and stay in bed while we went out.

We went to Hollywood studios on the bus and had a relaxing time just strolling about, we went to the little mermaid show and shopped in the little shop to the side of this and then checked into Sci Fi and they were handing out popcorn to those waiting. We must have been one of the last parties to have a reservation tonight as it was a lot quieter than normal.

Meal was not as good as i would have liked, the steak was a bit fatty and chewy. And the kids ordered milkshake as their drink and it was literally just ice cream in a cup! Server was quite informative and the atmosphere was amazing as usual. And we are still planning on coming back here next trip.

We left here and were the last people in HS. The park was empty, it was so lovely seeing it all like this.

Then, you guessed it, we went back and to bed
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

A great day. I love Epcot but I didn't 'get it' until I was older. Garden grill is on our list of things to do. We have never had much luck in Si-Fi, we have always found it cold in there but it is great fun. I haven't eaten there with children though and I was worried if they might find the films a little scary. Great tip about taking spare clothes too.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
A great day. I love Epcot but I didn't 'get it' until I was older. Garden grill is on our list of things to do. We have never had much luck in Si-Fi, we have always found it cold in there but it is great fun. I haven't eaten there with children though and I was worried if they might find the films a little scary. Great tip about taking spare clothes too.
We noticed this time at Sci Fi that our steak was slightly chewier than normal which was ashame. They were handing out free popcorn aswell which was a nice touch. This is the second time Callie has been and she has been fine with the films. We don't pay that much attention to them though we literally just soak in the whole atmosphere and Callie loves to talk haha!x
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We love Sci-Fi, I think their burgers are the best onsite and that's all I've ever eaten! We gave it a miss last year but hopefully we'll be returning this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List