Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Tracking distance covered on parks

Have been using my Watch to track the distance covered and have been averaging just under 15km per day since Tuesday
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Does not surprise me... always tried to work out why the constant blisters! Then again we like to get in the park and stay late... not unusual for us to do 12-14 hour sessions... no wonder we now need rest days in between !

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 03:33 PM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We were in the parks from 25th December - 31st December. I used my Fitbit to track distance and steps:

Leyfy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
FunlovinEeyore
Excited about Disney

How does it work in the parks? My DH is convinced that the rides will confuse whichever tracker is being used and will count that distance too.
FunlovinEeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by FunlovinEeyore View Post
How does it work in the parks? My DH is convinced that the rides will confuse whichever tracker is being used and will count that distance too.
It goes off your movements. My other half has one and it actually knows when he hasn't stood up for a long time. It doesn't track his movements when he's driving for example because he's not stood up.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Not sure how it works and I think it does add some steps on for some rides. I check the number before and after. But it's not that many to make a difference in how far people have walked.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FunlovinEeyore
Excited about Disney

Thank you both. So he may be partly right, but not enough to really make much difference. I think it is particularly rollercoasters where you can get thrown, jolted that he feels extra steps could get added.
FunlovinEeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
I know on the watch it doesn't count exercise unless your heart beat goes over a certain amount
The Watch has the parks waiting times so saves getting the phone out every 10 mins

Edited at 12:38 PM.
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both. So he may be partly right, but not enough to really make much difference. I think it is particularly rollercoasters where you can get thrown, jolted that he feels extra steps could get added.
You are right. There is an accelerometer in the trackers. So the jolts will all be adding steps.

Try walking round the supermarket holding a trolley, there will be very few steps added.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I also find my go walks are too comfy and not all steps are added compared with shoes or trainers.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List