Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

GHD's will work, the dual voltage ones work better. You might also want to look at the mini Cloud 9's (designed by the same guy who designed GHD's). The mini ones are excellent if you have short hair. Me, I just wear a great fedora and go with curly hair unless we are dressing for dinner, sort of liberating really as I would never go out in UK without having first straightened.
Old 2 Apr 15, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

You cannot buy GHD's in the States.
Old 3 Apr 15, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Thanks for this thread! I have no idea if my straightners or hairdryer for that matter are dual voltage! Might have to buy a cheap pair of straightners/hairdryer from walmart.
Old 3 Apr 15, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Asos have ghd mark 4 for £69 at the moment , I have them and they are fab , if anyone is interested .
They work in the USA .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

As said already newer GHD's work fine in Florida. However GHD hairdryers do not as I found out to my cost. Ended up buying a new hairdryer from Target as although there were 2 in the villa neither had a nozzle attachment. Still it only cost me $23 and is super light so will take it with me this year
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Mark1 GHD don't work in Florida these are the old style ones the new ones do I used them last year. I also bought some Conair ones from Wallgreens worked really well and I think from memory cost about $25 I bought them about 5 years ago and they are still going strong I even lend them to my friends who are going to USA
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

TJMAXX is also a good place for cheap electricals, bought a hairdryer from there last year for $10 and just left it in the villa . Saw quite a few straighteners in there too.
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
My hair is big time frizzy, but I never take straightners to Florida. The humidity makes my hair go frizzier so I don't bother trying. I'd waste half my holiday attached to a plug
I spend the whole holiday with it up in a bun, tie it up when wet and leave it.
Early morning starts, humid air and water parks don't add up to nice straight hair
This is my problem too! I can straighten in the uk but after years of trying in Florida I too have given up. I use a good conditioner and let it go curly, this way it doesn't frizz. Other option is to plait it. I have decided time out there is too short to be straightening my hair all day x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread