Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We have stayed at POFQ twice (both August visits). It's a lovely small resort with everything so close. The boat to DTD is really handy, and we found the bus service to be fine - the only time we shared a bus with POR was when going to AK/BB. I think you will love it

Edited to add some photos - such a pretty resort

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 07:44 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We went in 2011 and had booked into riverside, but when we got there were given a room in French quarter. To start with I was dissapointed but as soon as we were in our room and had looked around the resort, I was sold 😀

We go back in August and have chosen French quarter. The food court is great (and I am a proper fussy ######!) - my favourite was the chicken and ribs - it came with really nice rice.

You will be fine 😃😃

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Obviously we are big fans! We have stayed nine times in the last twenty years. We have stayed in a lot of the WDW resorts but this will always be our favourite! Tips would be:

1. The resort is in a beautiful setting and one of my favourite things to do is to walk along the river at sunrise - especially in the first few days when the time difference has you awake early. It's what I daydream about the most at home!

2. The boat down to DTD is lovely but very popular. You need to be there around fifteen minutes before the time you want to catch the boat to make sure you get a seat. There are a few umbrellas over the queue but be prepared to wait in the heat! An air conditioned bus is also available.

3. The walk down to Riverside is lovely. You walk along the river and see the transition from French quarter to southern mansions. However, there is also an internal bus service that runs between the two resorts if you want to use that.

4. Riverside also has a great food court which is different to the POFQ having a more extensive menu so worth a trip. It also has a great lounge bar with superb entertainment on an evening - but get there early for a seat as it's very popular. The bar at POFQ does have great entertainment on an evening too and is well worth a visit.

5. The pool area at POFQ is great - try planning a morning by the pool in the second week rather than rushing off somewhere (and then maybe going into the parks in the late afternoon) as it's particularly lovely in the morning when there are far fewer people around. Remember you can also use the pool at Riverside as the sister resort which can be a nice change (as well as the quiet pools there too).

6. We like to request an upper floor as this reduces the number of people walking past your window. If you are on the bottom floor a lot of people pass your room on the way to stairs and lifts etc.

Hopefully that will get you going!
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you everyone... Perfect advice and very much appreciated.

Thanks for the brilliant tip re breakfast and the fantastic info from POFQFAN.

I've drafted my pre-trip report - just got to be brave enough to post and hope I don't bore people to death with it.
X

Edited at 09:38 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LabradorFamily View Post
Thank you everyone... Perfect advice and very much appreciated.

Thanks for the brilliant tip re breakfast and the fantastic info from POFQFAN.

I've drafted my pre-trip report - just got to be brave enough to post and hope I don't bore people to death with it.
X
Ooh definitely post it! I love a pre-trip report. Quite envious of your trip to POFQ, it is the resort I've spent most time at.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread