Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

We spend less than $80 per day for 2 adults and DD14. We still eat at Longhorns, Bahama Breeze etc but then eat some evenings at Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, BK etc or a Chinese takeaway, so your evening meal is then less than $20 total.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Doable but if you could do $100 a day I think better, allowing you wiggle room.
We are just back having spent a month there and 2 adults, 2 kids $250 a day , but we ate out twice daily .
Appetizers are huge, have one as a main meal instead of ordering main, they are more than enough.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by WB72 View Post
We spend less than $80 per day for 2 adults and DD14. We still eat at Longhorns, Bahama Breeze etc but then eat some evenings at Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, BK etc or a Chinese takeaway, so your evening meal is then less than $20 total.
This is reassuring- I love taco bell 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
Doable but if you could do $100 a day I think better, allowing you wiggle room.
I think if I budget $100 we'll spend that which is why I want to plan on $80. We could afford more but would rather save it for another trip.

I always prefer the look of the appetizers- so thanks for the tip 😊
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As two adults we look at $75 - $100 per day.

Some tips we have picked up

If you ask for a side plate your 3 year old could share some of your meals.

We share starters, or at lunch just have a starter with a side. Sometimes some of the larger "sharing starters" are as large as a main meal, for example Margaritaville do a very very large dish of nachoes called Volcano for £16. we had this at 1pm, ate half of it and didn't eat again all day.

look for vouchers for places, have a "birthday"

A lot of places (sweet tomatoes, logan's roadhouse are two that come to mind) will allow you to top up a soft drink before you leave as a "take out", it never hurts to ask

Cocktails will smash a hole in your budget in seconds

Walmarts / Public do pastries and fruit which make a nice change for breakfast. Its good always to have spare water from walmart and small snacks for the little one

Don't be scared to ask for free iced water in QS stalls

If you are going to Discovery Cove - that is a very cheap day food wise

If you are going to seaworld or universal more than once, think about a refill cup, especially as it will be easy to hang it off a pushchair. Between two people the savings start to add up.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

We won't be spending that and we're 2ad 3 kids. We do quick service meals in parks. We get breakfast at the hotel snack for lunch then quick service for dinner. We didn't eat an awful lot tbh. I ate kids meals, my hubby switched to kids meals after a few days too. The kids were sharing. I'm thinking of making sandwiches a few days this time around too. Then u can eat while you're queuing lol.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We are 2 adults and a child, albeit a 13 year old.

On average we spent around $70 a day on food for the 3 of us. We would often have fast food for lunch - often 2 meals shared between 3 of us - and then ate at cheap onsite restaurants (Denny's, CiCi's, Friendly's, Perkins, etc) in the evening.

Now, that was 2 and 4 years ago so the prices will probably have gone up now. But $80 a day is probably still doable. Just don't expect to eat at many TS places in Disney.

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
This is a relief reading this thread! We have budgeted $200 per day for 4 of us, and started doubted this was enough after looking at some menus!
If you want to eat at the TS places at Disney then, no, $80 a day probably isn't doable. Our meal at Mama Melrose last time cost about $120 for the 3 of us, although that was for 3 courses which was far too much food. But it is doable at the cheaper offsite restaurants.

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I am also surprised at how many people seem to order starters + main courses and dessert in places with big portions and then can't finish it. It is perfectly fine to share, just order mains or whatever you actually want to save money (or just not waste food).
I agree. Most of the time the main course was enough for each of us with, perhaps, sharing a dessert between the 3 of us.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Loads of cheap meals to be had offsite. Fast food Steak an Shake do meals under $4 and half price milkshakes. The Wendys just along from our villa at Champions Gate do 4 for $4 a burger fries 4 chucken nuggets and a drink. Pizza Hut always has great deals to go any size pizza for around $11/$12. Cici's pizza buffets is only a few $ Cracker barrel is great value and great prices as is sweet tomatoes and Panera Bread great soups salads and sandwiches. Register for the email newsletters and get coupons sent to you. Eating out can be as expensive or cheap and cheerful as you like. You can economise one day and splurge a bit the next.

Alison
Old 22 Jan 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I think it's doable.
We are 4 adults and 2 small children and my budget was going to be $150 per day.

we have a week onsite with disney dining so no need to budget then, then we have 3 nights at universal and 9 in a villa.

we usually eat quick service meals in the parks for our main dinners so that is approx $60 ( $10 each) which leaves $90 for a light breakfast - muffin, pastry for example / snacks / and drinks We usually only eat twice a day, as we get so full up!

Some of our days will be higher than this because I know we will want to go to bahama breeze or sweet tomatoes , somewhere like that.

hth

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Yes it's doable and you won't go hungry. Take drinks and snacks into Disney. You'll have a buggy to put them on rather than having to carry it. Definately agree with the steak and shake recommendation. We tried them last year for the first time and wished we had done so years ago. Also sign up to all the restaurants email clubs in the week before you leave (use your hotel address) and they'll email you intro offers. We had free speciality milkshakes for steak and shake. 20% off bill at Perkins. (one of my favourite cheap places to eat). I love their turkey dinner and of course the pot roast. Kids meals are super cheap. You will find some nights your little one and you will be so tired you just grab a mcdonalds or subway on the way home so you'll have extra for the next day. There's plenty for every budget in Orlando.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread