Notices

Old 22 Mar 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Fab pre trip report, I'm so jealous you're going on a Disney cruise! We are going next August and I can't wait to start one but I've only booked the villa so far so not much to write about 😆
Looking forward to more updates 😃
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are waiting for FDP to book OKW. Our first visit to disney we will have our 3 children (1,4 and 6) so excited planning ans going through all the forums x
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Fab pre trip report, I'm so jealous you're going on a Disney cruise! We are going next August and I can't wait to start one but I've only booked the villa so far so not much to write about 😆
Looking forward to more updates 😃
Thank you! They are brilliant, it's just like Disney once you've been on a cruise once that's it your hooked. I would defiantly recommend

I was really early starting mine I just had too many plans in my head I needed to write down. I will keep an eye out for your pretrippie

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
We are waiting for FDP to book OKW. Our first visit to disney we will have our 3 children (1,4 and 6) so excited planning ans going through all the forums x
It's such a long wait, I just hope they offer what we all want! You will have an amazing holiday. The dibb really helped us with all the planning information we needed on our first trip back after a 12 years.

Thanks for reading
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've really enjoyed reading this. Happy planning!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I've really enjoyed reading this. Happy planning!
Aww thank you I'm glad it's an ok read thanks for reading
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Discovery cove

So as I mentioned in a previous post we had decided that this trip we would visit discovery cove instead of swimming with dolphins at Atlantis while on the Disney dream. We felt it would be a nice change and we haven’t been to discovery cove in about 14 years so it will be nice to revisit.

I have been checking on the official website, it may cost slightly more but we prefer to do it through the official websites with certain things partly because I’m a worrier and panic that things could go wrong. I have checked prices on a couple of other websites and they all seem pretty similar. On the 1st of April I checked the website and our dates for next May have been released. We knew we defiantly wanted to do the dolphin swim but we had also looked into the seaventure. We loved the look of this and decided to go ahead so we have now booked for both of us to spend the day at discovery cove with the dolphin swim and the seaventure. I’m really looking forward to this and I'm excited to experience the seaventure part of the day. If anyone has any experiences of this I would love to hear them. For the both of us with the swim and seaventure it cost £480. I’m happy with this price and I’m super excited that I’ve got something else booked. This is all paid for so there is nothing else to do for this apart from turn up on the day.

With these tickets we also get entrance to SeaWorld and aquatica. We won’t be visiting the water park as we will just use blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. We aren’t overly bothered about visiting SeaWorld, there is no reason for this apart from we don’t want to use a whole day visiting and lose a day at Disney and also not much appeals to us there ride wise. Depending on park times if SeaWorld is still open after we have finished at discovery cove then we may pop over there for a couple of hours for a wander round. Although the only thing i remember from this park is journey to atlantis so hopefully we will atleast get a ride on this.

In other news I’ve seen lots of threads about the dining plan and if it’s being released or not. I know that people are getting “save the date” emails from virgin but as we book directly through Disney I will be waiting until they release their information. I’m hoping this will be in the next couple of week as I really want the final part of our holiday booked.

Next update will be the final accommodation booked. Until next time

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Old 21 Apr 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
WE'VE BOOKED

Well today was the day that most dibbers were waiting for. Free dining was released. We knew from the start that we would be holding off to book when/if the dining plan was released for next year.

We had discussed options and decided we would stay at a moderate resort again but upgrade to the deluxe dining plan as there were so many table service restaurants we wanted to try. We previously stayed at Coronado springs and loved it however thought a change would be nice so I had priced up Caribbean beach resort and port Orleans French quarters. After a couple of discussions we decided we would go for The port Orleans as we liked the location and the theming of the hotel. I had wrote a list of all possible restaurants we wanted to try and we were well on our way, all we needed now was for free dining to be released.

now I know some people don’t like the dining plans and I’m sure there are some of you thinking, why are you upgrading to deluxe it takes so much time up. The answer is there was so many different places we wanted to try we felt for us this was the best way to do so and we work better with a firm plan otherwise we end up wandering around and achieving nothing.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and we started to think, do we really need deluxe dining. If we stayed at Port Orleans and had the normal dining plan it would save us about £400 and we can still do the majority of the restaurants we wanted to visit. It was decided this would be the new plan and now all I needed was 21st April to hurry up, I’ve been counting down from 700+ days.

Mum had decided she was going to wake up at midnight and check if it had been released (she always wakes up in the middle of the night she’s not crazy) I told her this wasn’t allowed as I’m the planner and I must see what is released first. I woke up at 2:30am, normally like a zombie and after a bathroom break (TMI?) I shuffle back to bed and straight to sleep but not last night of course. I loaded up the Walt Disney website and saw what was being released my goodness was I happy that not only the dining plan had been released but the free memory maker was still on. I went into mums room and of course she was already awake and had checked the website already even though she was banned, so rude. We were very excited and discussed booking first thing in the morning. I stumbled back to bed after a quick Disney chat ready for the morning.

The morning had finally arrived. Time to price up and get book. Wait. Problem. While lying awake last night I thought about prices and hotels. We had decided last year we would save for the deluxe dining plan but changed our minds due to the amount of food there would be. I then priced up staying at Coronado springs and upgrading to the dining plan and this worked out at £2295. I also worked out Caribbean beach resort and it worked out at £2151 and French quarters being £2340. Then I had a thought if we stayed at the animal kingdom lodge you get the dining plan include so no upgrade needed and the money we were going to save for the upgrade can be put towards the hotel price. I spend the morning researching prices, then I looked at the resort pictures, followed by the hotel room views on touring plans and finished with a rough estimate of how far away each hotel was to each park and with all that research we had finally decided which hotel we going to stay at. Wrong. I couldn’t decide I asked mum and she suggested we try for animal kingdom lodge. Omg ok.

At this point I was off to work so mum had to ring up until she got through. An hour after being at work I received a text from mum saying all the rooms for AKL were all gone and my heart sank. This is when I knew that deep down it was my first choice. Until 5 minutes later when she text back to say she was looking at 2016 not 2017.

I then received the text message saying she got through on the phone and we were booked. WOOOOO animal kingdom lodge booked with free dining, $200 gift card and the free memory maker. This works out at £2898 which was £20 less expensive than we were planning on spending. I am super happy, I never dreamed we would be able to get this hotel for a price we could afford and I can’t believe we’ve actually booked. I am so excited.

With that the accommodation is all booked and our holiday is coming together nicely.

The first two nights we will be staying here, at the Hard rock hotel:

Followed by a night a animal kingdom lodge with a savannah view:

A night at the Polynesian with a theme park view:

Onto the Disney dream for the 3 night Bahamas cruise:

And finishing up with 9 nights at animal kingdom lodge with a standard view with the free dining plan:

Now this is booked we can add in our cruise transport to our booking and we just need to wait for park hours and ADR day. Hurry up please. I hope everyone got what they were hoping for, whats everyone else got booked? Until next time

Left to do:
-Pay the balance of the booking
-add cruise transfers onto the booking
-Link the booking to MDE
-Plan like a mad women.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
Old 25 Apr 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Ooops

As i imagine most people do when planning such a big holiday we've run into a slight problem. I checked MDE this morning and was excited to see that our reservation has been linked. That is until we noticed that we've been booked into the completely wrong month

Now i know this doesn't seem such a big deal but i'm now panicking about our booking and worried we are now not going to get what we wanted with the dining plan being so popular this year. I'm sat here waiting for 9am to hopefully get this sorted. fingers crossed.

EDIT: We've rang up and the problems been sorted, the cast member said it will take a couple of days to show up on MDE.

Things to do
-Book the hotel for the night before
-Book parking

-Book flights
-Pick seats
-renew mum's passport
-Esta's
-Book mears shuttle to HRH
-Book hard rock hotel
-Pay for Hard rock hotel
-Universal tickets
-Universal photoconnect
-Book Animal kingdom lodge
-Pay for AKL
-Book the Poly
-Pay for the Poly
-Book Ohana's
-Book cruise transfers
-Book the cruise
-Pay for the cruise
-Pay/book for the champagne
-Magnets for the door
-Book disney room
-Dinning plan and tickets
-Pay balance
-Insurance
-Memory maker
-Make plan
-ADR wishlist
-Book ADR's
-Discovery cove
-Book fast passes
-Book tours
-Finish plans

Edited at 07:34 AM.
Old 1 May 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Suitcases

Just a mini/quick update.

Last year when we went on holiday we both borrowed suitcases as we thought it was a once in a lifetime trip and there was no point in investing in our own, how wrong were we? I borrowed a superlite case and mum took a holdall with wheels.

Mine was brill and was extremely easy to move around with and balance my hand luggage on and mums was useless and kept tipping over

Anyway we decided to invest in our own suitcases and mum noticed that Debenham's had a sale on travel items. we knew we wanted 4 wheel cases and it to be superlite and the discounts were great. We ended up both buying a new suitcase in different colours in the hopes it stands out more than a black holdall bag (there were thousands)

These were meant to be £150 each and we got them for £45 each which i'm super happy with and now we actually have suitcases it feels more real, even though we have a year left

Mum also wanted to copy me with my hand luggage which is a bag that also has wheels, apart from she has to go one better than me and orders this:

I'm not jealous at all and i'm just convincing myself i don't need to waste money on something so awesome when i already have a perfectly good bag to use...

Although it was meant to be a quick one i seem to have written a fair bit to say its only about suitcases, but hey they are important.
On a different note, its a year ago today that i was traveling to Disney after not visiting for 12 years. Serious Disney blues today and i hope this trip hurry's up.
Until next time

Edited at 04:42 PM.
Old 1 May 16, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Your plans sound great! Haha, wonder how long before you have some new hand luggage...;-)
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List