Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 16, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Be our Guest for dinner

Hi

I have left it a bit late and I am only able to get a 9:30pm reservation and I am not sure if I should go for this? We are not travelling with children and are not planning to see the fireworks that evening, but I am a bit worried we might be rushed as restaurant closes at 10.00pm? Has anyone had a late reservation like this? What was your experience? Any feedback would be very helpful as I am in a bit of a dilemma.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishlass89
Very Serious Dibber

I'm not sure about how rushed you would be but wanted to say to keep an eye on availability as we went last July and I managed to get a booking for 2 for dinner around 7pm a few days before we flew out despite there being no availability for months beforehand
scottishlass89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

We have bee at BoG at various times from 6pm to 8pm, it always seems to be the one Disney restaurant that appears rushed -maybe it's something to do with the demand for tables
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

When do you go? You can cancel a booking up to 24 hours before and not be charged so it may be worth reserving a time if that is the only one you can get and keep checking daily to see if anything better comes up and cancel the other.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

BoG is always going to feel a bit rushed as it is the 'hot ticket' at the moment - even with an ADR a few months ago we had a 25 min wait amongst about 20 other parties outside the restaurant. So the servers do want people in an out.

With regards to feeling rushed at an end of night ADR, we have had ADRs in the past that were 5 mins before park closing and never felt rushed by the servers, even when there are only a few people still eating. It is also quite nice to wander out in an empty park!

Of course, even with all of this, you can pace your own dinner if you like - tell your server you aren't ready to order; don't order starter and entree at the same time (if you are having both); or just eat slower

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven't eaten that late there but I'd hope you'd feel a bit less rushed as they wouldn't be needing to turn the tables for anyone else. Although no doubt the CMs would be wanting to get home so personally I might be a bit worried about the ambience in case people started to clean up around you! I'd book it though as it is a wonderful place to go, and better to go late than not at all just keep stalking the site for cancellations. Id also have thought they wouldn't offer a 21:30 slot if anyone was likely to have a sub-par experience. Not much help, am I!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had this slot on 23December last year when the parks were busy! We had a fabulous dinner. Didn't feel at all rushed, plenty of time for photos afterwards with the "Master". Fab place to eat.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies. I have booked 9.30pm and will check randomly to see if any earlier slots come up. If not, at least we have a table booked and as you say we can try and manage the speed of service. The idea of walking through an empty park on the way out also sounds appealing. MK is open until 11pm that day so this will work well. I remember eating at Raglan Road and the server clearing the plate of one member of the party before others had finished and feeling this was inappropriate at the time, but this often seems to be the way.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We had dinner at BOG last week we were there for about 2 hours and nothing about it was rushed. We asked for a table in the Ballroom and only had to wait an extra 5 minutes. We all enjoyed the experience the food was lovely,the server very attentive. When we left at 9.45 pm people were still being seated.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread