Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Quick Service Breakfasts

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations about QS breakfasts? We are staying POR and have the DDP, but are planning to use TS mainly for evening meals.
Is the QS place at POR good for breakfast with lots of choices? Just trying to get some ideas.
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yes, it's very good. There aren't many QS breakfast places in the parks and the resorts have the better options. Here's the breakfast menu for POR:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Rive...enu-m-256.html

The 2 that I would recommend trying if you're on the ddp, are breakfast at Be Our Guest which is a qs credit but needs to be booked 180 days in advance at the same time as you make your TS adrs. Lunch there is also qs and needs booking. Also, the breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace side of Disney Springs is meant to be good too. Menus for both:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Be-O...enu-m-627.html
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Wolf...enu-m-694.html

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Great thank you for this will give it a look.
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Can anyone explain what exactly you get with a QS breakfast? As I understand it with lunch or tea you get main meal, drink and dessert. Now, I'm guessing there are no desserts (although I'd be ok with it ) at breakfast, so what are your choices?

Thanks
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Can anyone explain what exactly you get with a QS breakfast? As I understand it with lunch or tea you get main meal, drink and dessert. Now, I'm guessing there are no desserts (although I'd be ok with it ) at breakfast, so what are your choices?

Thanks
Just the breakfast and a drink. No desert. That's why they aren't the best use of a credit.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Yes i was going to say they aren't the best use of a credit but i thought it would be a good way to set us up for the day as it's unlikely we will want to stop for lunch, although its difficult to tell how the heat will affect us.
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

There are 4 of us, me, DH and 2 children aged 12 and 14. We normally end up sharing some meals as we're just not used to eating the quantity of food that you're given on the dining plans. DD and I often share a breakfast of pancakes, sausages and strawberries (strange combination I know, but it's what the offer) - we have 2 pancakes each and she has the sausages and I have the strawberries. At lunch, DH and I will often share a sandwich, fries, dessert and large drink, but now that we can swap the dessert, that will work even better as we can get something else savoury. We'll have a snack when peckish and then a main meal each for dinner. Having said that, the make your own pasta portions at POR are massive, so we'd definitely share them for dinner after throwing away so much in the past when we had a portion each, plus breadsticks, plus dessert.

We don't do it every day, just when we feel like it - normally when we're stopping for lunch earlier due to the children being hungry, but we're not overly hungry. t's much more similar to how we eat at home that way (porridge, toast or cereal for breakfast, sandwich, beans on toast, soup for lunch and then a proper cooked dinner).

If you've not had it before, you'll soon find your way and what works best for you. For me, the worst use of a credit is one that doesn't get used as people have paid oop for breakfasts early on in the holiday in order to save them for lunch and dinner or make sure they don't run out of credits before realising how much food there is on offer. We've had the dining plan 3 times now (qs once and ddp twice) and can honestly say that, other than a carton of milk, we don't spend any money on extra food, drink or snacks whilst we've been on site. We do take some mini boxes of cereal with us for mornings when we just want a quick bite in the room before heading straight to the parks, hence the $3.29 for milk

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks guys! I only have one day planned to use a QS breakfast at POR anyway, was just curious
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
There are 4 of us, me, DH and 2 children aged 12 and 14. We normally end up sharing some meals as we're just not used to eating the quantity of food that you're given on the dining plans. DD and I often share a breakfast of pancakes, sausages and strawberries (strange combination I know, but it's what the offer) - we have 2 pancakes each and she has the sausages and I have the strawberries. At lunch, DH and I will often share a sandwich, fries, dessert and large drink, but now that we can swap the dessert, that will work even better as we can get something else savoury. We'll have a snack when peckish and then a main meal each for dinner. Having said that, the make your own pasta portions at POR are massive, so we'd definitely share them for dinner after throwing away so much in the past when we had a portion each, plus breadsticks, plus dessert.

We don't do it every day, just when we feel like it - normally when we're stopping for lunch earlier due to the children being hungry, but we're not overly hungry. t's much more similar to how we eat at home that way (porridge, toast or cereal for breakfast, sandwich, beans on toast, soup for lunch and then a proper cooked dinner).

If you've not had it before, you'll soon find your way and what works best for you. For me, the worst use of a credit is one that doesn't get used as people have paid oop for breakfasts early on in the holiday in order to save them for lunch and dinner or make sure they don't run out of credits before realising how much food there is on offer. We've had the dining plan 3 times now (qs once and ddp twice) and can honestly say that, other than a carton of milk, we don't spend any money on extra food, drink or snacks whilst we've been on site. We do take some mini boxes of cereal with us for mornings when we just want a quick bite in the room before heading straight to the parks, hence the $3.29 for milk
Sorry to jump on your thread. Thank you loves2plan. This is great information for myself and family as we are going to POR in August. I was going to start a thread asking about the meals in Riverside. I was worried we would end up buying food even though we are on the qsdp, however as there are 5 of us(myself, dh ds11, ds9 and ds3), I think we can certainly share some meals or get an adult meal for the 2 youngest boys to share. I also have to remember we will have at least 1 spare snack and qs credit from our arrival day as our flight doesn't land until 6.30pm.
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Sorry to jump on your thread. Thank you loves2plan. This is great information for myself and family as we are going to POR in August. I was going to start a thread asking about the meals in Riverside. I was worried we would end up buying food even though we are on the qsdp, however as there are 5 of us(myself, dh ds11, ds9 and ds3), I think we can certainly share some meals or get an adult meal for the 2 youngest boys to share. I also have to remember we will have at least 1 spare snack and qs credit from our arrival day as our flight doesn't land until 6.30pm.
Yes thanks Loves2plan that is really helpful to know. There are 5 of us going (me, DH, DS 14, DD 9 and DD 6) so i suspect the girls will share a lot of the time as the little one isn't the biggest eater. We were also planning to get a delivery from Garden grocer of snacks and drinks to our room for the daytime snacking, but sounds like we may not need to.
Closed Thread