Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Sep 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
leighlee
Getting Excited

I Will Use Up All My Meal Credits If It Kills Me Trip Report - May 2016 - Day 15 - Shopping Day

Day 15 - Thursday 12th May - Shopping Day

I must admit that I didn’t make any notes from this day. It was towards the end of the holiday and I was tired and just didn’t keep on top of things, so this day will probably be pretty short as I’m working from receipts and the schedule I had planned (which doesn’t seem to have been followed too much as it lists Epcot, a water park and Florida Mall and I don’t think I did any of these).

I had booked fast passes for Epcot as it was the EMH in the morning, but as I said previously fast passes weren’t really necessary as Soaring wasn’t open and Test Track was better done in the Single rider queue. I cancelled the fast passes and booked 1 fastpass for Magic Kingdom for the evening but didn’t make it there either, so it looks like a park free day. I won’t really know for sure until I check all my receipts so here goes.

The day started with breakfast (I say breakfast but think it was about 10am) at POFQ Sassagoula Food Court with pancakes and french toast and a couple of juices. I apologise to the people I pushed in front of as there were 2 queues close together and one queue looked short and the other long but I realised after I had got served that some people had been stuck behind a double buggy and I unintentionally jumped the queue. This was 2 meal credits, I’m not sure how much they would have been OOP as I didn’t write it on the receipt arhhhhhhhhh. Lets call it approx. $25. I can’t believe I forgot to write it down it just shows how tired I was by this point. If you have been keeping track of how many credits I have left you will have realised that there are way too many meals left for the amount of days I have left on my holiday. I not sure why I left so many till the end. I guess it’s from staying offsite at Universal a couple of days and having meals outside Disney property. Also I don’t really eat 2 big meals a day so I do find I end up losing my appetite while I’m on holiday as I never eat this much at home. Why is it when you get home that you regret not eating more (or is it just me).

I think we must have had a lazy day swimming and relaxing then, as I don’t have any receipts after breakfast till 4pm which seems strange. Maybe we were packing or something but obviously too tired to do much.

In the afternoon we went to the Premium Outlets on IDrive near Universal. The Uber cost $15.81 from POFQ to Premium Outlets. We browsed around but only bought a sweater and hoodie from Gap. We also walked over to Ross Dress for Less and got some bargains there with a pair of Toms ($19.99) and 2 pairs of Sketchers Go Walks ($29.99 each) and a pair of flat shoes ($16.99). I will add photos below of my Ross Dress for Less haul.

We also went to TJMaxx and picked up a few bits and pieces there but nothing exciting. I also went to the Ugg Store and got a bargain pair of mini Bailey Button UGG boots for $101.16 which I was very pleased about.

We then got an Uber from Premium Outlets to Mall@Millenia which was only $5.91. I went back to my favourite stores Sephora, Bath and Body Works & Victoria’s Secret and picked up a few extra items that I really didn’t need. I did have a 10% coupon for Sephora so that was my excuse for going back. I did struggle to get Wi-Fi this time to arrange a pick up from Uber, so I had to wander into Starbucks to get a connection. I’m not sure what the problem was this time as I didn’t have a problem the first time. From the Mall to POFQ it cost $15.25. I dread to think how much it would have cost if I had caught taxis everywhere, Uber really did save me a lot of money during my holiday.

We then went to Disney Springs in the evening and went to Wolf Gang Puck Express. We had a chicken salad sandwich and chicken meatball pizza with juice and deserts which was 2 meal credits, OOP would have been $43.94.

As we had so many meal credits left I bought 9 packets of sweets to use up 3 meal credits. I would regret this when I got home as they weren’t the nicest sweets, but I couldn’t bear to leave the meal credits unused. Unfortunately not all the cast members seem to understand how to process 3 bags of sweets for 1 meal credit, so I did have an issue at the Goofy’s Candy Store in Disney Springs as they charged me too many meals for the amount of sweets I bought and it took them ages to sort it out. Apologies to anyone queuing behind me I wanted the ground to open up it took them so long and I had to keep telling people they would be better off going to the other tills as the person serving me wasn’t going to do it. I know how peeved I get when I’m stuck behind someone who takes so long:angry:. I also bought some more sweets at the shop in POFQ for 1 meal credit. Each set of 3 would have cost around $17.55.

That’s all really for today, it wasn’t the most exciting day and when I look back I do wonder if I was making the most of it but tiredness catches up with you.

QSDP – 8 meal credits used today/ 0 snack credit used (20 QSDPs left/0 snack credits left)

Value of QS meals/snacks to date $888.01 approx.

Day 16 – No idea at this point

Trip Report Index

Leigh
1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 - IDrive/ 2003 - NY, Oahu & LV/2008 IDrive, Miami, POFQ/2010 - IDrive, POFQ & HRH/ 2010 - NY/2011 - Rome/ 2011 - LV/ 2012 - POFQ & HRH/2013 - DL, Oahu & LA/ 2015 - DLP/ 2015 - DL, LV & LA/ 2016 - POFQ & HRH/2017 DLP/2018 RPR & POR/2019 - NY/2022 - RPR & POR / 2022 - DLP / 2023 - CB & POR / 2023 - DLP / 2024 - CB & POR

Edited at 08:18 PM.
leighlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

That's a lot of sweets you bought ! Thinking of getting some sketchers when I go.they look sooo comfy
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
leighlee
Getting Excited

Yes it was way too many sweets in hindsight, I wish I had used my credits more wisely but hey ho. I cant recommend Skechers enough I live in mine and just bought a pair of Skechers boots today.

Thanks for reading.

Leigh Lee
1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 - IDrive/ 2003 - NY, Oahu & LV/2008 IDrive, Miami, POFQ/2010 - IDrive, POFQ & HRH/ 2010 - NY/2011 - Rome/ 2011 - LV/ 2012 - POFQ & HRH/2013 - DL, Oahu & LA/ 2015 - DLP/ 2015 - DL, LV & LA/ 2016 - POFQ & HRH/2017 DLP/2018 RPR & POR/2019 - NY/2022 - RPR & POR / 2022 - DLP / 2023 - CB & POR / 2023 - DLP / 2024 - CB & POR
leighlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Those meal credits are dwindling now still loads left.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List