Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Too True
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
So why did you say they charge for this? I don't quite get your point.
And, its a forum so obviously people will not always agree with you
I accept that the majority don't agree and I'm happy with that .After all we are all entitled to personal views .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don't disagree with everything you have said, Chewie. Lol.

I've been going to WDW since 1989 and I'm right royal peeved with them at the moment so we went to Cali this year and I won't be spending my 'hard earned' on tickets in February to WDW.
They've put the ticket prices up and pulled attractions down. :angry:
I'm sure it will all get sorted eventually but right now I'm not paying 'more for less'.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Come guys , get a grip , its a forum ! Because an individual has opposing views to your own , does that make them wrong ?As for pleading Guilty , yes I plead guilty for having my own views ! I honestly get your points , however I do not agree. As for the Monorail/ferry being free there's little other option to get to the gate. Any way got you Mouseketeers all fired up. Maybe rip off is inappropriate but it does appear that WDW is trying ever so hard to make that extra buck .Well that's my view , guess we'll have to agree to disagree
Yes, whether or not Disney is generally greedy is an opinion. And, as you say, people can voice those opinions either way - it's what a forum is for after all!

But some of your points were factually incorrect. I was correcting you. That way you now have the correct information on which to base your opinion on.

The monorail is free. You can ride it all day without paying for it or without buying a hopper ticket. You don't even have a ticket at all. Hopper tickets aren't new and have been around for years.

Disney hasn't got rid of some water fountains. They are still there. You can get water for free.

There are peak tickets that cost a bit more and there are value tickets that cost a bit less. And this only applies to 1 day tickets anyway.

Etc...

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Just be prepared for lots of people disagreeing with you if you post anything vaguely critical of Disney. Many people still believe that Disney can do no wrong, ever, and nothing you can say will persuade them otherwise
I'm not disagreeing with Chewie being critical of Disney. That's fine.

I'm disagreeing with some of Chewie's statements which were wrong. That's all.

Greedy is something of a subjective term. Yes, Disney have increased prices pretty much everywhere. Yes, you could consider this greedy. Successful profit-based businesses are by their very nature a little greedy. Universal have also increased their prices - more than Disney when it comes to tickets! Therefore, by that logic, Universal are as greedy as Disney.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:25 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

WDW grab money because they are a huge money grabbing corporation...

but unlike all the other huge money grabbing corporations WDW give me so much joy and happy memories...

and when I'm sitting on my death bed - Im not going to say I wish Id paid more to BT, British Gas, etc

I'm going to said I wish I'd went to WDW more...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
[QUOTE=Chewie;12101482] As for the Monorail/ferry being free there's little other option to get to the gate.

The bus is also free and takes you right to the gate without having to get the ferry or monorail.

I've also seen videos of one Dibber family who always walk from their car to the entrance (not MK, but the other parks) and don't bother with the tram. And no, they don't pay to park closer!

Disney have been very open in recent years about the fact that they don't want higher visitor numbers, they want fewer visitors who spend more money. Hence in recent years there's been a load of 'optional extras' - preferred seating, ticketed events, etc etc. People are free to ignore all these and can still have a fantastic holiday.

Unlike pretty much every other theme park in the world, FP is free. (I wasted £13 on a Fast Track ticket at Thorpe Park on Saturday which only got used for one ride out of four!)

Yes, prices are high, food is expensive. That's theme parks for you. We can only afford to go very rarely, each of our two visits has taken us 4 years to save for. But we've had an absolute blast and it's been worth every penny.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Money grabbing or a great business model?
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
WDW grab money because they are a huge money grabbing corporation...

but unlike all the other huge money grabbing corporations WDW give me so much joy and happy memories...

and when I'm sitting on my death bed - Im not going to say I wish Id paid more to BT, British Gas, etc

I'm going to said I wish I'd went to WDW more...
I'm with you Papamouse, yes it's more expensive each time we visit, but it's more awesome every time too
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

At the end of the day...

if you cannot stomach the replies, dont post

Disney332