Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Kennedy Space Centre

Despite 6 Orlando holidays we've never been to KSC. We're planning to go in February. I have a few questions.

1. How long does it take to get there from the Idrive area?
2. Will the £30 entrance ticket give us all we need or are there extras to pay for?
3.If you buy a ticket from the uk, do you need to pick a date and stick to it?
4. How much cheaper is it to buy in advance compared to paying on the gate?
5. How long do we need to be there?
6. As it's February and the temperature can be up and down, do we pick a cooler. Day to go to KSC? Is it mainly indoors?
7. What hints and tips would help us enjoy the visit.

Thanks
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It takes around an hour to get there from Orlando. We bought tickets here as it was slightly cheaper but you're not stuck to the day that you enter when buying the tickets. There are other things, tours and stuff that you can pay extra for but we didn't feel we needed them. It is mainly indoors and it's fairly compact so doesn't take long to get round but the bus tour and the IMAX films take quite a bit of time so if you want to do all of that you need to allow a whole day. We did the bus tour, Atlantis Experience and one of the imax films and adding in lunch we were there about 5-6 hours.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

The tickets includes almost everything I think.
It took us about 1 hour to drive there.
Its mostly indoors
I don't think there is a big difference between advance and on the day tickets.
Old 14 Nov 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

I have replied below your questions

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
Despite 6 Orlando holidays we've never been to KSC. We're planning to go in February. I have a few questions.

About an hour depending on what time you go and the traffic.

2. Will the £30 entrance ticket give us all we need or are there extras to pay for?
Doesn't cover the Bus tour, we had the extended up close and personal tour and thought it was well worth the money and got you really close to the off limits areas, very good value lasted a couple of hours.

Not sure as we got ours on the gate.

We never found anywhere with any real savings I just found a coupon when we were there which gave us $6 off each admission price I think (might have been $6 off total I can't remember)

Its down to personal choice, we arrived at opening and left at closing, depends how interested you are how much you want take in, I have heard some people are round it in 2 hours, as mentioned earlier our bus tour was 2 hours and we spent ages at the Atlantis exhibition and in the Saturn centre.

6. As it's February and the temperature can be up and down, do we pick a cooler. Day to go to KSC? Is it mainly indoors?
It's a mixture of indoors and outdoors, we went in August and it was no more energy sapping than any other place we had visited despite the heat but it is much more relaxed and less of a rush than theme parks.

Just take it all in visit everywhere and take loads of pictures, Atlantis is a must, personally would do the extended bus tour.

Thanks
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

OP the normal entrance fee does include the bus tour out to the launch pads & Saturn V hanger

kennedyspacecenter/info/tickets

INCLUDED WITH DAILY ADMISSION

Apollo/Saturn V Center
Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour
Space Shuttle Atlantis
IMAX Theater 3D Films
Shuttle Launch Experience
Rocket Launch Viewing (when available)
Astronaut Encounter
Numerous Shows and Exhibits

Edited at 12:46 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post

Thanks
I think others have answered your questions well.

I've not done any of the extras myself, and I'm sure they are awesome and especially so if you have an acute interest in space exploration.

However the place is much more time consuming than you might think and there is a lot to take in even with the standard ticket, and that does include the standard bus tour. So my advice would be for a first visit to not add any extras and to plan your day around the included bus tour in order to see all the important and highly worthwhile exhibits. If you love the place, and I suspect you will, you may like to then come back at some point and do one of the in-depth extra tours that get you closer to the action so to speak.

The vast majority is indoors or inside the bus, but as some have said, it's still tiring.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread