Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Dec 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Our First Orlando Adventure Together! Aug/Sep 2016 - Day 6: Epcot and Animal Kingdom

This will probably be the last day of my trippie i post before Christmas and most likely the new year so i just want to wish everyone an amazing Christmas and happy new year

The only plans for the day were for Animal Kingdom at night and we would see what we felt like doing in the morning. We got up and ready about 8am and i had a look on Touring Plans.com to see what park would be the most quiet, which was Epcot (spoiler alert - it was heaving). We managed to make the 9am bus and pulled up at the entrance to Epcot at 9.20. The que for rope drop was sooooo busy but we eventually made it in. We didn't have any fastpasses booked so we were in a rush to get to Soarin before the que got too big (we had a FP for Test Track later on in the holiday). When we got there it was a 25-minute wait but it went in really quickly with the new quiz you can take part in during the que (I'm sure this is new? The last time I was on Soarin was 2011 so it might not be new actually). We got the front row which i was chuffed with as it meant there wouldn't be dangling feet in my view of the shiny new screen We both absolutely LOVED it! I want a candle that smells like the Fiji scene After Soarin we decided to grab some breakfast but were saving World Showcase for another day so Starbucks was our destination. We both had a sausage and cheese muffin and I got a Powerade while Sean just had water (roughly about $18 plus tax).

It was alright, filled a hole. We sat outside eating and could see how busy the park was getting. and it was really hot as well. We decided we couldn't be bothered with the crowds mixed with uncomfortable heat so headed back to the hotel to enjoy the afternoon relaxing by the pool

It became a bit of a pattern to go to a park in the morning, chill by the pool in the afternoon then go back to a park at night. I know some people don't bother about the pool or are all day park people but that was what we preferred to do as we felt it gave us more energy to go out at nights. We headed back up to the room to get ready about 3 and at this point I started feeling ill I just figured the heat had got to me and a cold shower would sort me out. By the time we left the hotel about 5 I still wasn't 100% but didn't want to spend one night of our precious Floriday in the hotel room so i soldiered on. We got to Animal Kingdom about 5.30 to see floods of people leaving the park with only a handful of people actually going in. We started to worry we had got the park hours mixed up and the park closed soon but a CM quickly cleared up that the park was indeed open till 11pm

Our first FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safari was at 6 so we took a slow stroll up to "Africa". I got a Mickey ice cream bar at one point but i still felt ill so after one bite it got binned OH ALSO, we spotted the woman walking in front of us had something furry draped over her shoulder (which at first we thought was a scarf) only to realise it was a dog! A little white dog It was soooo hot we felt sorry for the poor thing.

When we got to the safari the stand by line was only 10 minutes but we had Fastpasses so we bypassed the tiny que We had a really good guide with a dry sense of humour which was funny however the most annoying American kid in the world was behind us he kept shouting stuff like "UHM I DON'T SEE ANY ANIMALS" every 5 seconds even though they were in plain sight I even considered jumping out of the truck at one point and joining the giraffes. I'm sure many of yous have seen about a thousand safari pictures so I will only bore you with a few

When we came off the safari the last showing of The Festival of the Lion King was about to start. I was feeling a bit worse for wear at this point but really wanted to see the show so we headed in to the theater. The show was incredible as always but i don't think i appreciated it as much since i wasn't feeling too good although i did cry when "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" came on and the "birds" danced

When the show finished and we left I had to run to the nearest ladies room as that horrible feeling in your throat when you know your about to throw up washed over me On the plus side i felt a million times better afterwards I didn't feel like staying out any longer though so we headed back to the hotel for an early night.

We spotted the Tree of Life lit up on our way out

We then clicked on that neither of us had ate anything (apart from the measly bite of a Mickey bar) since breakfast this morning, WHAAAAT I never forget to eat Since i felt better now we grabbed two small pizzas from the Sun Dial market in the hotel. We ate them on the spare bed (all we used this bed for was to eat and dump our shopping on) Oh my, these pizzas were sooooooooo good

We watched tv before calling it a night sometime between 9 and 10 (washouts)

Thanks for reading
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024

Edited at 02:04 PM.
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 16, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Also love the front row in Soarin' - haven't seen the new version, sounds like you enjoyed it.
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Shame you felt ill, but glad you felt better later though.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by macchu picchu View Post
Also love the front row in Soarin' - haven't seen the new version, sounds like you enjoyed it.
Was never keen on the original Soarin' but the new version was defo one of our favourite rides this trip
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Shame you felt ill, but glad you felt better later though.
Nothing worse than being ill in Disney World quick recovery but!
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not so good you felt unwell, but at least it passed quickly . We're split day folk too, although we have a tendency to stay too long in the morning 😛 The new Soarin sounds amazing, glad you enjoyed it
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List