Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 28 Dec 16, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
fifihope
Earning My Ears

Mobile opinions on itinerary!

Hi all!
I'm going to disney from 23rd March to 6th April.
I have 2 boys aged 6 & 9yrs old.
Here is my itinerary:
23rd arrive at roughly teatime & get settled at hotel.

24th Epcot. Breakfast booked at 8.05am so we are in before it opens, tea booked at 5.10pm at coral reef.

Sat 25th Magic kingdom
Breakfast booked at 8am at be our guest before park opens.
Tea at Tonya town square restaurant at 5pm

26th March.
Rest day by the pool. Early tea at ohana at 4.25pm.
Back to the magic kingdom after to do a few more rides & watch fireworks.

Sun 27th blizzard beach. We are not going to rush here will get a sleep in if needed.
Tea at rainforest cafe disney springs (we are at Port orleans french quarter so this is near by.)

Tues 28th universal studios
Early start as we are staying for the night so will check in early & get our express passes.

Weds 29th
Islands of adventure

Tues 30th typhoon lagoon.
Again will have a lie in if needed. The water park can always be swapped for rest day if we're too tired.
Tea beaches & cream soda shop 5.30pm

Friday 31st animal kingdom. Breakfast 8.20am at tuskers house before park opens.
Tea at yak & yeti 6pm

Saturday 1st April rest day
Tea at Wolfgang puck grand cafe disney springs 6pm

Sunday 2nd
Sea world

Monday 3rd
Discovery cove

Tues 4th Hollywood studios
Breakfast at Hollywood & vine 8.15am before park opens
Tea at sci fi dine in theatre 5.05pm

Weds 5th aquatica

*Sea world & aquatica tickets came free with discovery cove tickets so if we are too tired on the day we might just swap these for rest days.
fifihope is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi have you been before ?
I know some people try to over do things , but think you are going the other way in looking for too many rest days.
Try to treat the water park days ( and DC ) as rest days. There is no need to get up early for them and you can be as lazy or energetic as you want whilst there .
Then you will have chance to add more Disney days to your itinerary.
You need at least two days for MK and Epcot and I wouldn't recommend missing any of the night shows. But pencil those in for later in your hols when you are more used to the time difference

Have you tried to fit in with the busy day guide ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 01:41 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fifihope
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Yes, we planned our days using the busy day guide.
My 6 yr old struggles if he gets too tired.
Do you think I should book some fast passes in on my other rest day just incase we feel up to it?
Also I'm not sure whether to just not bother with sea world & aquatica. We weren't even going to go to them as we were more focused on disney, universal & discovery cove. But then the tickets came with discovery cove & everyone keeps saying we should go!
fifihope is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by fifihope View Post
Yes, we planned our days using the busy day guide.
My 6 yr old struggles if he gets too tired.
Do you think I should book some fast passes in on my other rest day just incase we feel up to it?
Also I'm not sure whether to just not bother with sea world & aquatica. We weren't even going to go to them as we were more focused on disney, universal & discovery cove. But then the tickets came with discovery cove & everyone keeps saying we should go!
Sea world is great. Go if you get chance
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fifihope
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Haha its soooo hard trying to decide what to do! At least seaworld, aquatica & the last rest day are quite later on in the holiday.
So maybe we can see how we get on in the first week & make a decision when we're there.
Old 29 Dec 16, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Are you at a disney hotel? Could you possibly do half days plus evenings with a break in the middle?

I agree with the philosophy of not wiping everyone out, as no one is happy if they are too tired, but rather than having whole days set aside maybe on the first Sunday take a morning at HS or AK then be back at the pool for an afternoon swim (rest) then freshen up for your dinner and evening at MK.

I would follow this pattern for most of the holiday. On our first trip DD was 7 and DS 9 so a little older than yours but it worked well for us, although I felt bad waking her up in the morning at 7am it was worth it for near empty parks. We didn't worry about anything other than getting dressed and brushing their teeth first thing, used a snack credit for quick breakfast when we had no adr and made use of the little to no waits in the parks. Generally we had lunch in the morning park at a QS restaurant and as we were at CBR we went back to hotel for a swim by around 2pm each day. We also appreciated having a shower and changing clothes for the evening out.

I know you've got lots already planned and you've been careful to use the busy dynamic guides but maybe this would help with booking fast passes for rides too so that you don't have to wait for popular rides?

Happy planning I'm sure whatever you decide you will have a great time. 😀

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fifihope
Earning My Ears

Mobile

We are at the port orleans french quarter. That sound like a good idea & although I have some plans in place there is room to do that should we find that we're struggling. I might consider going back on our rest days & maybe our water park days if we have the energy.