Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
Another interested person, I'm looking at the norweign fjords to with P&O
I am going on my second trip with P&O to the Ffords in May 2017, I went on the Azura last time. Sail from Southampton so much easier than flying to somewhere in Europe. I have been on a few cruise lines, Holland America and P&O are my favourites so far.
Old 2 Jan 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for some really useful info. I want a short cruise to dip my toe in the water (not literally ! ) but also I don't want Eric the cat to spend more than a week in the cattery - he's 19 and very clingy, bless him.

Linda. Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

First Timer

Hi just booked my first cruise, going with Fred.olsen on the Boudicca ,1st April 2017 , balcony suite on the Bridge Deck, 12 nights Canary island with Lisbon and Maderia .
Anyone else done this cruise ,any information as never done one before ,not sure what to expect many thanks x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We've been on NCL, Royal Caribbean and Princess with a cruise to the Fjords with P&O booked for this year. It would be very difficult to pick a favourite as they were all very enjoyable.
The only one to leave from Southampton was the Princess cruise. It was great to not have to fly with all that involves. We picked a coach up locally and didn't see our cases again until they arrived in our cabin.
Iglu generally have good offers, though we have usually got a price from them, then visit a TA to see if they can beat it, which they usually do.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Thanks everyone for some really useful info. I want a short cruise to dip my toe in the water (not literally ! ) but also I don't want Eric the cat to spend more than a week in the cattery - he's 19 and very clingy, bless him.

Linda. Xx
Ive done a long report on our first cruise - we were very reluctant cruisers and I still have NO idea why we booked one - however we now have 2 more booked and are being much more adventurous.
Our first was a 7 night P&O Fjords cruise but we have a 15 night Princess cruise with Princess from Southampton, Shetland, Iceland, Canada and New York booked now! Lots of sea days!

The only thing people have said to me about shorter cruises is that they can be a bit "party" atmosphere - not like a regular cruise - and also that the staff can be a bit disinterested and not as good as usual

Katie x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
For some time now, our favourite cruise lines have been Princess and Holland America. In 2016 we cruised on Princess for five weeks and Holland America for four weeks. Based on that experience, Princess is our clear favourite.
It's been a long time since we did RCCL or NCL so can't comment.
Agreed, Princess has the edge on the others.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We're doing a 5 night with RC in October to France and Spain. We've done this twice before and really enjoyed it.

They also do some 3 & 4 night cruises.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List