Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jan 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile First timer first week help?

Hello All,

We will be taking our first trip to WDW on the 7th Nov. We are staying at CBR.

Constantly browsing the site writing down great ideas and suggestions I come across.

Just wondering on your suggestions for our first week. I read that we'll more than likely be uo early first few days. I also like the idea of first week doing the early days and second week doing the lazy morning late evenings.
My boys will be 14 and 8 at time of travel.

How do I go about planning my first week?
Do I wait until I know the EMH of my week and decide what parks from there?
Day one is it a given you go to MK? Everyone wants to see the castle right?

Also after ideas to book my first ADRs that week? Obviously if we're not going be doing too much in the eves no restrictions on where and really wanna be in the staple places and be wowed

Also wanna incorporate good amount of water park days. My lads love stuff like that.

Day 4 expect jet lag?

I'm hoping weather will be warm enough enjoy the water seems last few years it's been hot around Oct/Nov?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Hello.

Hopefully I can try and answer some of your questions.
What I do is wait for the busy park guides to be released. I have taken to comparing a couple and then working out which days are better for which parks. We avoid emh but we go in July so park hours are long enough.

First day we have found what worked for us is a rope drop at a park then we book a table service lunch. Magic kingdom is not a must for me on the first day. We have done MK and Epcot on first days and this year we are heading to AK. I tend to see which parks are recommended and work from there. If you've never been all the parks will be exciting.

In terms of adrs, did you upgrade to full ddp? Have you read any of the dining trip reports, that's where I normally head to for help in deciding. I then fit my adrs in with where I'm thinking of going. Don't book anything for your arrival night and I'd just do quick service your first full night as well.
We have in the past always done a pre park opening character breakfast on the second day, Tusker house, garden grill or Crystal Palace. Some like to do it on the first day but my appetite is not great that first morning.

I don't recall ever having been hit with jet lag on day 4, if you try to stay up till a decent time on arrival night you should be ok.

In terms of pool time, I make sure we have some nearly every day, my ds is 9 and he needs it. We don't really do all day at parks, maybe occasionally so normally go early then leave maybe after the parade have pool time and do something at night or nap then have dinner and late night pool time at the resort.
When we do late nights we normally have a pool time morning, maybe a table service lunch in the park or close to our chosen park then stay till close.
Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask.
Old 4 Jan 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hey Rescuer thanks for the reply. Definitely a big help
Yes sorry forgot to mention we've upgraded to DDP. I think I like the idea of having a nice TS lunch for first few days. I will have to look over the forum and think we're I'd like to eat then!

Obviously this is our first time so kinda excited to see MK and that gorgeous Castle!
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Here is my food report from this year. I upgraded ds to the adult dining plan but he had a few kids meals. He was just coming up for 9 on our last trip so you can see the kind of places he liked.

The link will take you to the start of our Disney bit of our trip.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...967425&page=12
Old 4 Jan 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Here is my food report from this year. I upgraded ds to the adult dining plan but he had a few kids meals. He was just coming up for 9 on our last trip so you can see the kind of places he liked.

The link will take you to the start of our Disney bit of our trip.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...967425&page=12
Brill thanks just read it. I think I'd definitely like to book some breakfast ADRs too now.

Feel like I've got so much research to do lol
Old 4 Jan 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Can definitely recommend rescuers food trippie, love It.

I agree we've done Epcot aspire first day park twice now. So, up to you really...

Last time we set an alarm for every day of the holiday. I know it sounds mental but it was fabulous being in parks and walking on to rides with no waiting times at all. So I would suggest parks in the morning back to CBR after lunch for a swim (rest) and then back out late afternoon. We have stayed there cbr twice now nd we really love it. The main pool iI really fun and the small pools are also great as they were empty much of the time.

Personally we like to eat out in the evening so nearly all our ADRs were evening dinner reservations. We only had tusker house as breakfast and mama Melrose for the fantasmic fast pass at lunch. All others were dinner which we really liked as me and DD like to dress up and me and DH could share a bottle of wine.

My DS loves the water parks, I always leave a spare day near the end of the holiday for the kids to pick a place to return to. DS will always pick a water park. They are brilliant fun. Try to head out early again to arrive at park opening so lines are short and also if there is a storm in the afternoon everyone has to get out of the water. This was fine for us last time as we had lunch and went back to the resort, but other guests were grumbling as they'd only just arrived

Whatever you decide I'm sure you will have an amazing time! Happy planning

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Can definitely recommend rescuers food trippie, love It.
Thanks Goldia.