Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Under the last management takeover Universal has become a force to be reckoned with.

They are beginning to out Disney, Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I am, and always will be, a big fan of Disney. We first went to Orlando in 2000 when I was a young teenager and I choose this destination for merely Disneyworld. We go to Orlando almost every year now since 2009. More often than not we stay onsite at Disney. I'm actually not that thrilled by US, I love IOA though. But its good to see Universal working hard on bringing more to the parks and resort. More for us, the customers, to enjoy. Really looking forward to Volcano Bay too, especially now Wet n Wild has sadly gone.

I'm not bashing one against the other, they are two different concepts - but 'in my opinion' Disney doesn't make enough changes. Id 'love' to see Disney bring more to their parks. I'm really looking forward for Toy Story land. Not thrilled by Avatar or Star Wars, its just not my thing, but I'm sure they will look fab! Very happy Typhoon Lagoon is introducing a new ride too, hoping Blizzard Beach will get the same treatment soon too.
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Much prefer disney myself - not a fan of "big" rides particularly but i can still find enough to occupy myself for several days at Disney.

Been to Universal twice and spent most of the days sitting on a bench minding the bags. Have no desire to go back. I can see the appeal to others but it's not for me i'm afraid.

I wouldnt say i enjoy being treated like a child either but sometimes its nice to be able to behave like one again for a bit
jonsgirl80 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's about the age of your group. We went when our son was 2 just so I could do the WWOHP. HP area was amazing but I wasn't impressed with the rest of the Park. It seemed to lack in atmosphere. Obviously we were restricted with rides with a 2 year old. For us Disney has the magic for the under 5s.
Old 16 Jan 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

I liked it and must admit both parks have their ups and downs.

When we went last time our boys were 10 and 12 and really into Minions, Transformers, The Simpsons, Jurassic Park, HP and Marvel. They preferred Universal just because of this where as DW preferred Disney as it brought back her love of Mickey and Winnie the Pooh.

I will say that the boys liked certain aspects of Disney - Star Wars, night shows and some rides but now all they talk about when looking forward to our return is going back to Universal.

The only thing that interests them now in Disney is Star Wars, shame as they used to love cars, toy story, nemo etc

For me Disney seems to be more about nostalgia and feeling good where as Universal is all about the current thrills and TV/films.

Rich

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
Nothing quite like this though...

See that, gives me massivie goosies and tears in my eyes!

I don't think one is better than the other, I think it's all relevant to what you want out of it! I loved the slow pace of Universal, but for me, I just didn't enjoy it all. My kids and dh did, and we are so torn on what to do on our next trip! The Universal video is great and I can see the appeal, but, it doesn't make me excited!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I don't do coasters or the big thrill rides .. there isn't much for me at universal .. and I am a MASSIVE star wars fan .. so Disney is still my theme park of choice .. but I do enjoy the Potter bits of universal - each to their own
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I love both, but prefer Disney for sure. It just creates a completely different feeling for me ❤ I also think the sheer vast of Disney is unbeatable. Universal wouldn't keep me occupied for 2 weeks, but Disney would.

The advert - hmm. First of all there aren't 3 parks *yet* and second the obvious dig at WDW (kids grow up etc) is a bit pathetic. Soz.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

yes universal works for us for 2 or 3 days, better enjoy volcano bay as might be spending a few days there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List