Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 19 May 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

Aldi

Sad as this may be but we are heading out to Florida as soon as the schools breaks up. We're going for just over 5 weeks. I've read a couple of threads about the price of groceries and because we're staying off site in a villa I'm going to be shopper savvy in regards to "the food shop"

Normally when we go (for 3 weeks-not 5) the first day involves a full family stampede to walmart. Fill the trolley and top up when needed. We noticed last time we went the increase of items especially crisps (chips) which my family LOVE. Having 3 children (1 of them is a 7ft 19 year old) you can imagine the grazing they can do!

This time I'm thinking of going to "dollar tree" first to see what toiletries and bits we can pick up and then find an Aldi. Can anyone give me an idea of where they are located?

We are staying near champions gate and don't mind travelling too far to get the first "big shop" done. After that will top up in Publix and local supermarkets until we need to replenish grazing status for everyone.

As I've said going for this amount of time I don't want all our hard earned $$$$ to be spent in walmart on items we can buy back home for a couple of £. I'm sure I read a bag of chips in Walmart cost $4.99!

I've also stocked up on things like cereals, toiletries, etc to take with us. What things do others take with them when staying in a villa?

Any suggestions and locations of Aldi would be great.
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
Sad as this may be but we are heading out to Florida as soon as the schools breaks up. We're going for just over 5 weeks. I've read a couple of threads about the price of groceries and because we're staying off site in a villa I'm going to be shopper savvy in regards to "the food shop"

Normally when we go (for 3 weeks-not 5) the first day involves a full family stampede to walmart. Fill the trolley and top up when needed. We noticed last time we went the increase of items especially crisps (chips) which my family LOVE. Having 3 children (1 of them is a 7ft 19 year old) you can imagine the grazing they can do!

This time I'm thinking of going to "dollar tree" first to see what toiletries and bits we can pick up and then find an Aldi. Can anyone give me an idea of where they are located?

We are staying near champions gate and don't mind travelling too far to get the first "big shop" done. After that will top up in Publix and local supermarkets until we need to replenish grazing status for everyone.

As I've said going for this amount of time I don't want all our hard earned $$$$ to be spent in walmart on items we can buy back home for a couple of £. I'm sure I read a bag of chips in Walmart cost $4.99!

I've also stocked up on things like cereals, toiletries, etc to take with us. What things do others take with them when staying in a villa?

Any suggestions and locations of Aldi would be great.
Aldi will do their own brand chips for around $1.50 and regular chips like Lays (which are Walkers) in Walmart are around $2.50 for a family size bag.

Dollar Tree also sells chips although not sure which brand and they sell Stax which is a version of Pringles and don't taste any different.

There are new Aldi's popping up all over and I think there is one going near Old Lake Wilson Road which is only minutes from Champions Gate.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The one on old lake Wilson is being built behind the WAWA at the junction with Ronald Reagan
It east even started when I came home in April
There’s an other being build on the 192 nearer the 27 junction end again I don’t know how far along it is
Haines City Aldi has had a recent refit and is open as is the one across from Walmart at around marker 15 on the 192
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can't help with Aldi, but just a reminder that the $shops sell groceries too, also they have freezer sections. When you're out and about pick up the money off etc coupons that are practically everywhere.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I have read that the Aldi at Summer Bay on 192 just before the junction with H27 is due to open the first week of June. I believe that will be closer than Haines. Dollar Tree is definitely worth a stop first for toiletries, cleaning products and some food items.
Old 19 May 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Instacart will deliver to you. Just pop your details in and it will list the supermarkets for you to choose where you wish to shop. I may do this for a top-up shop as for some reason it won't allow me to add any alcohol to my list. Type in Aldi Us and it will list your nearest shop.
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

You could also have a look at the Publix BOGOF deals which can be good.
Over the last couple of years we've used the likes of Aldi and Dollar Tree more often and the savings are considerable.

https:// weeklyad.publix .com. (Remove spacing to view ad)

Edited at 02:29 PM.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
You could also have a look at the Publix BOGOF deals which can be good.
Over the last couple of years we've used the likes of Aldi and Dollar Tree more often and the savings are considerable.

https:// weeklyad.publix .com. (Remove spacing to view ad)
There is now a dollar tree just past Walmart on 27 And anothe Aldion OBTrail south

Doller tree have a range of foods too that are not bad and more crisps all branded
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone for your responses. Better idea now as where to find Aldi. We will still pop into Walmart-after all its not a holiday if we haven't been to Walmart

The kids NEVER want to come to the supermarket here but once over there it's a scramble to the car!
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

There is an Aldi near Southern Dunes on the south bound carriageway (towards Miami) which is past the Walmart. We were there last September and at the time it was closed as they were making it larger and it was due to reopen in November. We often buy crisps and other items there and have no problems with quality including the meat.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List