Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 19 May 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
I find it amazing that people dont take a bit of cash even for tipping. I always carry some cash for small purchases and even for emergencies ie lost credit cards.
We wouldn't need it for lost credit cards as we never keep the main and backup cards completely seperate . I know some people like to tip in cash so need more but our last trip I seriously didn't need to spend a penny in cash (two weeks Orlando, Tampa and Vero ) except for tipping the Little Toot captain.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky week, cruise and no parks
Unread 19 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
I find it amazing that people dont take a bit of cash even for tipping. I always carry some cash for small purchases and even for emergencies ie lost credit cards.
You can tip with card. You can make small purchases with card. Have a couple of cards in case one gets lost etc. Easy. Not so amazing at all really.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Im planning on taking $200 plus credit card on QSDP.
Can I ask at what point you have to pay off your magic bands? Is it a certain amount? And how much does everyone tip for their room cleaning? Staying at CBR if that makes any difference?

Thanks
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 19 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Dibbing with Tink

Can I ask if you all have a cc such as Halifax clarity in these instances? Mine is a standard cc and so I don't charge anything to it due to transaction fees plus Visa does not have a good exchange rate only MasterCard -it's just with me for an emergency. Tend to take a revolut card which I then clear room charges every few days

Edited at 08:42 PM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 19 May 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Can I ask if you all have a cc such as Halifax clarity in these instances? Mine is a standard cc and so I don't charge anything to it, it's just with me for an emergency. Tend to take a revolut card which I then use to clear room charges every few days
Yes ... our Clarity card is basically our holiday card , use it for everything travel related, even booking flights and pay it off the same month.
I never take more physical cash than my insurance covers anyway which is only a few hundred ... I used to work on repatriation flights for insurance companies so do understand the "it'll never happen to me" mindset but know only too well it can and does.

Edited at 08:46 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky week, cruise and no parks
Unread 19 May 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Im planning on taking $200 plus credit card on QSDP.
Can I ask at what point you have to pay off your magic bands? Is it a certain amount? And how much does everyone tip for their room cleaning? Staying at CBR if that makes any difference?

Thanks
I believe housekeeping is an untipped position so not expected, but several people on here stick to the dollar per person per day plan. We previously left a more substantial tip at end of hols but when realised you don't always get same cleaner each day changed to the above
Unread 19 May 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Yes ... our Clarity card is basically our holiday card , use it for everything travel related, even booking flights and pay it off the same month.
Have just got myself a virgin rewards plus credit card to start clocking up some air miles in anticipation of next trip (and planning on paying off our 2 hols this year with it to get my extra bonus miles 😄 ) but am tempted to apply for one of these for the zero fee, MasterCard exchange rate. Barclaycard not offering me much of an incentive to stay with them tbh!
Unread 19 May 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Excited about Disney

My brother in law lives in the states and always pays tips with cash as he says he can ensure it goes to the right person. We always just use CC as it's easier and most seem to do that.

One word of warning, do use a CC rather than a debit card as they do walk off with it (I nearly went mad the first time that happened). I have mistakenly used a debit card in a restaurant in Vegas and a month later my bank account got rinsed, it may have been a co-incidence but it was definitely someone using a cloned card. I now never use my debit card abroad unless I need more cash. If your credit card gets done then at least you aren't out of pocket as it isn't really your money
Florida Tix