Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 16 May 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
These photos show Business Class (Premium) a Hi Fly A340 - the one that is meant to be used for LGW - MCO

Bats is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 16 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Even if I got a refund, the cost of the next cheapest direct flight for that day would be four times the price! Id rather just lump a 9 hour flight with HiFly and have more money to spend on holiday.

I went with Norwegian for cost not comfort
We also went with Norwegian in March due to cost.. 317pp with 2x 20kg each. Flying the dreamliner was a bonus really, however wouldn't have minded with a plane change as it's out of Norwegians control this time.

The idea of going through the route of getting a refund and then having to scramble to find an alternative airline just because they're using an alternative aircraft is bonkers to me..
May 2021 - Loading...

Edited at 02:06 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW / Universal 2020.
Unread 16 May 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
slightly serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gemski View Post
Can I ask how you got the refund? I've tried to get a change of flight but they won't budge saying they don't change or refund if not s flex ticket. Ive pointed out that they have made amendments to numerous peoples bookings but they are denying this
I found out about the change to Hi-Fly here on the DIBB on a Sunday morning, about 28th April. The first thing I did was check with Virgin if they had seats in PE, which is what we usually travel and had booked with Norwegian. They had seats available for our dates so we held that booking page open on one PC and contacted Norwegian via chat on another. I did not request a refund, I just said that I had booked with them purely to try and ease my daughters travel sickness and autism. I asked the operator what my options were and he went away to check. Ten minutes later he said we could change our dates (not possible) or have a full refund.
As an aside, we booked with Virgin, at an extra cost of, I think 93 a person, but due to a later flight time we no longer need the hotel the night before, saving 313 Plus, we get the additional Virgin Airmiles that now gives me a free flight in economy for next year. So al in all I think I'm slightly better off.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait for our next trip
Unread 16 May 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
I found out about the change to Hi-Fly here on the DIBB on a Sunday morning, about 28th April. The first thing I did was check with Virgin if they had seats in PE, which is what we usually travel and had booked with Norwegian. They had seats available for our dates so we held that booking page open on one PC and contacted Norwegian via chat on another. I did not request a refund, I just said that I had booked with them purely to try and ease my daughters travel sickness and autism. I asked the operator what my options were and he went away to check. Ten minutes later he said we could change our dates (not possible) or have a full refund.
As an aside, we booked with Virgin, at an extra cost of, I think 93 a person, but due to a later flight time we no longer need the hotel the night before, saving 313 Plus, we get the additional Virgin Airmiles that now gives me a free flight in economy for next year. So al in all I think I'm slightly better off.
Think I'd prefer Hi Fly's Business to Virgin's PE!
Bats is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 16 May 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
slightly serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jnc2345 View Post
They're not budging now, though they're directing me to the claims line so maybe they have more power, who knows. At this point I honestly suspect it's a financial issue.
I think it's financial as well, let's face it they can' just give money back without taking some extra financial pain on top of what they are already suffering.
I had a marketing email from them this morning offer great deals on Premium Economy seats, something like 599 if I remember correctly, so I'm assuming they are trying to cover the costs of their refunds etc.
To be fair, I did not expect to get a refund, but have to say for a number of reasons I'm glad I did. I cannot fault the customer service.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait for our next trip
Unread 16 May 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
The Miami flight was OK (we flew on Monday)
Plane was fine , crew some of the most professional I've had with any carrier in years , my only complaint really was the no electronics thing which as no one else has mentioned it may have been specific to that flight. I'd seriously consider finding out about electronics and if it isn't SOP I'd seriously consider sticking with it. Our crew were in a different class to Virgin and the planes are both Jumbos.
Yes I'd rather have the Dreamliner as it's excellent but the recalls are down to Boeing not Norwegian.
What happened? Were you not allowed any electronics at all, for the whole flight? Or was it just specific things like laptops? We can survive without the tvs, but itll be hard with no music.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazzy
Proud to wear my Ears

Well this is the first and very last time I will book with Norwegian. I tried to change our Hifly flights to travel the day before so we travel on the Dreamliner as my wife is afraid of flying. They wanted $150 per person each way plus any difference in price that we originally paid so it would cost around $430 each to change. This is really bad customer service.
Gazzy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't Wait!
Unread 19 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Gazzy View Post
Well this is the first and very last time I will book with Norwegian. I tried to change our Hifly flights to travel the day before so we travel on the Dreamliner as my wife is afraid of flying. They wanted $150 per person each way plus any difference in price that we originally paid so it would cost around $430 each to change. This is really bad customer service.
It really is, let them know via their complaints contact and most importantly twitter.
Port Orleans French Quarter September 2019
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2019 Trip #2 - POFQ
US Rent A Car