Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 18 May 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#65
tillymoon
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
tillymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
yes skyscanner kayak, netflights. The stop is PHL on way there and LHR on the way back. Just glad they seem to be going down a bit now. Ohh I know, POR was 420 for 2 nights and went up to 510 Glad we are only stopping for 2 nights (only staying onsite for the 60 day FP) and then onto a villa which seemed to suit us better last time. You're right - these increases here and there really do add up. Have you considered a villa or do you much prefer staying onsite ? x
we just loved the convenience last time as first timers, as it made everyting easy/stress free , the magical express from airport, then use disney transport the whole time, emh etc etc , were doing a 3 center trip, and hubby doesnt want to drive all the time (i wont drive at all over there tbh )
then will be on to i drive for 4/5 nights then to gulf cost for 4/5 nights, were only planning on using a car for the final part of the trip, even if we fly drive (MIA) , the car will just be parked up for the WDW & ID

we used TC, direct last time and was more than happy , even prefer the seat config 2x2 ... but with all that up in the air, im not sure whether to rule the out ?

i did see there was a thread about TC , or on another Fb page , saying its all atol/abta protected ... i not sure if thats true if i just book flights with TC airlines?

flipping heck! getting fed up with not getting anywhere !

patience is not my strength !
__________________
Tillymoon

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
#66
jenna288
Getting Excited
 
jenna288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16
Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
we just loved the convenience last time as first timers, as it made everyting easy/stress free , the magical express from airport, then use disney transport the whole time, emh etc etc , were doing a 3 center trip, and hubby doesnt want to drive all the time (i wont drive at all over there tbh )
then will be on to i drive for 4/5 nights then to gulf cost for 4/5 nights, were only planning on using a car for the final part of the trip, even if we fly drive (MIA) , the car will just be parked up for the WDW & ID

we used TC, direct last time and was more than happy , even prefer the seat config 2x2 ... but with all that up in the air, im not sure whether to rule the out ?

i did see there was a thread about TC , or on another Fb page , saying its all atol/abta protected ... i not sure if thats true if i just book flights with TC airlines?

flipping heck! getting fed up with not getting anywhere !

patience is not my strength !
Sounds like an amazing trip Our original plan was to do a multicity and stop in NYC for a few nights but going to save that for another trip (when we are only going to be doing universal) but while our girls are still a bit young we wanted to do disney again and maybe save nyc for when they're a bit older. I can't drive so DH is stuck with it Luckily he quite enjoys driving. I'm keen to fly with BA again because that's what I know but open to all options I think - getting fed up too but I reckon we'll have this booked within the next few days
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#67
tillymoon
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
tillymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Mobile

Glad you recommend BA Jenna , are you a family of 4 ?

How do you book your seats ?

When Ive looked at seat plans
Is looks like rows of 3 ? Is this right ?

I LOVE your confidence about booking ! Fingers crossed xx
__________________
Tillymoon

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#68
jenna288
Getting Excited
 
jenna288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16
Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
Glad you recommend BA Jenna , are you a family of 4 ?

How do you book your seats ?

When Ive looked at seat plans
Is looks like rows of 3 ? Is this right ?

I LOVE your confidence about booking ! Fingers crossed xx
Yes a family of 4 There are 4 seats together down the center row so we all sat together last time (and no arguing over window seats which is always a bonus!).

...haha if I say it enough it might come true ... in 2 or 3 days time my confidence could well waver but will try and keep our spirits up until then xx
__________________

DLP 2013
WDW 2018
Next trip WDW 2020
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
#69
mushumadness
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

 
Join Date: Jun 05
Location: West Yorkshire

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melyn12 View Post
Weve booked our fly drive LHR-MIA as couldnt turn down the price as we are a family of 5 but the rest of our party are holding off for a deal... our dates are the exact Easter hols so 4-18th April. Really hoping the prices drop to a reasonable amount for them! 😓
We are a family of six
We have booked
Manchester-Heathrow-Miami
At 660 each including 7 seater with top insurance couldnt argue with that for 18 nights
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter in florida
Reply With Quote
mushumadness is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 20 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#70
jenna288
Getting Excited
 
jenna288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16
I keep seeing flights with BA with an hour and 40 mins stop over in PHL. Last time I went I had a 2 hour stop over and we just made it as people were queuing up at the gate to board. Anyone know how achievable an hour and 40 mins is? Would be nervous about missing the connection x
__________________

DLP 2013
WDW 2018
Next trip WDW 2020
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#71
archibald
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Mar 12
We had our fastest ever connection through phili. IIRC it took less than 20 minutes from stepping off the plane to arriving at the next gate. I wouldnt book anything with less than 2 hours unless there was a lot of later flights to your destination.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#72
scarecrow
Imagineer
 
scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 08

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
I keep seeing flights with BA with an hour and 40 mins stop over in PHL. Last time I went I had a 2 hour stop over and we just made it as people were queuing up at the gate to board. Anyone know how achievable an hour and 40 mins is? Would be nervous about missing the connection x
I wouldnt do it, just think about how long it takes the luggage to get off the plane, you might make it but your luggage wouldnt, plus dont you have to do immigration at your first US airport.
__________________
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
don't blow the budget
Reply With Quote
Reply
My Magic Holiday

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Eat and Play Card

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Florida Tix

theDIBB Menu

American Attractions

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2449
CaxtonFX  $1.2421
Covent Garden FX  $1.2568
FAIRFX  $1.2355
John Lewis  $1.2519
M&S  $1.2224
Sainsburys  $1.2466
TESCO  $1.2472
Travelex  $1.2244
Updated: 08:30 20/06/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1035
CaxtonFX  €1.1005
Covent Garden FX  €1.1094
FAIRFX  €1.1025
John Lewis  €1.1089
M&S  €1.0812
Sainsburys  €1.1051
TESCO  €1.1059
Travelex  €1.0938
Updated: 08:30 20/06/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Thu 20th Jun 3:31am
Now: 23C/73F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 3mph - S Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1015mb
Humidity: 94%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 07:30 20/06/2019