Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 18 May 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Highways can only tell you if it is adopted. Used to work for the local authority highways dept years ago.

That and the land registry info will tell you if it is public.

Also have to consider how old it is and whether there is through access as all determine whether there is a right of way, even if private.
Lots of councils now also keep records of highways. Ownership has nothing to do with the status of the road. To be legally correct it is public if it has been dedicated as a highway and that is about intention and conduct and a pile of other things.

If the whole of the road is in one of the residents ownership and the others only have access by virtue of a right of way on the title deeds then this is good evidence that he road was originally private (not a highway). Unless anything has changed then you could probably restrict access but barriers would have to be accessible by residents and guests and also there are rules about them being accessible by emergency services so it isnt straightforward.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First ever xmas trip
Unread 18 May 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Unless it's changed we had adopted roads which were privately owned as far as the land went. Effectively meant a similar thing though, the owner could not restrict access, but they weren't official public highways.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the West Coast
Unread 18 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I feel your pain,we live in a cul de sac of 8 houses, there are children in 2 houses opposite ours that insist on playing football in the road,setting up goals directly in front of my drive. This results in ball bouncing full force off my brand new car,my last car had a dent in it, I have ball prints all over my windows and front door, they constantly trample over my garden to retrieve ball. I have 3 children myself but would never allow them to be so disrespectful. I have spoken to the parents on numerous occasions,it stops for a few days then they do it again. They've even broken a neighbour's satellite dish and car ariel they kick ball so hard. I'm constantly sitting in my window watching my car as soon as I hear the ball out 🤬🤬🤬

Edited at 06:14 PM.
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Port Aventura adventure :)
Unread 19 May 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsman2010
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd be out with the hose every night washing my car and soaking the pavement and road outside my house! The won't play in that!
New York: 14
DLP: 07
scotsman2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando & HHN 16 here we come!
Unread 19 May 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scotsman2010 View Post
I'd be out with the hose every night washing my car and soaking the pavement and road outside my house! The won't play in that!
The kids in my street would, they play football when its pouring with rain,even at 7.30am before school 🤬
Unread 19 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I think there is a website which would tell you but I can't recall the name. Sorry.
Unread 19 May 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I feel your pain. Some Parents just seem to want their kids playing elsewhere rather than outside their own homes making a nucience of themselves to other people - no thought of the property of others.
We live in a c de s of just 2, we had two real PITA kids from around the corner continually riding bikes in our small area to the point they used the house drive opposite to ride their bikes at speed down, we reversed out one day, for our car to be hit in the boot as they came down the drive, it took us getting solicitors involved via our insurance company to get the parents to pay for the damage to our car & the people opposite getting involved to stop the kids using his drive as a ramp! But at least it stopped the kids from then on. Amazingly the said kids were never allowed to play outside their own house. I hope you get things sorted soon before you get too much damage done, you need all the c de s residents to join together on this one.
Unread 19 May 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Not sure how the insurers got the parents to pay if they were unwilling as legally parents are not liable for accidental damage caused by their children if they are minors. google/url?sa=t&so...q_6pQssjn07olM
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the West Coast
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less