Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Florida Escapes
Unread 26 Apr 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Last year they wet leased a Boeing A380 ex Emirates now thats a great upgrade. Some you win, some you lose.
I feel for Norwegian as this is beyond their control, its Boeings MAX issues that has caused this, and as PAX desert them due to the wet lease Norwegian plunge deeper into debt, and an airline that tried hard to give the PAX what they wanted is gone.
Yes we all like their cheap prices but still demand all the bells and whistles with that price.
I agree completely, however walk this time and Ill be back, stick with and if its that bad my OH will never allow me to book with them again. Youre right Norwegian have had some right rotten luck of late and we loved them last year.
Sheraton VV 2003, DLRP 2004, Villa 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf coast & HRH 2007, Villa, PBH & HRH 2008, Reunion & RPR 2009, NYC & Villa 2011, Villa/PBH 2013, NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH & NYC July 2014, Indian Creek Villa 2014, Keys & Indian Creek Villa 2015, Rolling Hills, AMI & PBH 2016, DLRP 2017 AMI & Villa August 2017, HRH, AMI & Keys May 2018, FLL & The Keys Sep 2018, Orlando & Keys Sept 2019
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to The Keys & Orlando
Unread 26 Apr 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
Earning More Ears

Last year they wet leased a Boeing A380 ex Emirates now thats a great upgrade. Some you win, some you lose.
I feel for Norwegian as this is beyond their control, its Boeings MAX issues that has caused this, and as PAX desert them due to the wet lease Norwegian plunge deeper into debt, and an airline that tried hard to give the PAX what they wanted is gone.
Yes we all like their cheap prices but still demand all the bells and whistles with that price.
That wet lease of an A380 turned out to be a disaster for them, pretty much every flight was delayed >3 hours.

Their website has been updated this morning and is now showing Hi-Fly in August. I have just called and cancelled my booking with them and will now re-book with BA.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
I agree completely, however walk this time and Ill be back, stick with and if its that bad my OH will never allow me to book with them again. Youre right Norwegian have had some right rotten luck of late and we loved them last year.
We also flew with them last year and really liked them (we usually fly BA), but with a wet-lease it's not even Norwegian crew, they are taking the whole thing from Hi-Fly which makes me nervous about the on-board service and comfort. I was already a bit nervous about their financial situation so the two things added up made it a no brainer for me to take my money and run.

I'd suggest you have a look for your dates to see if there are better prices available elsewhere. Norwegian didn't quibble with me at all just offered a full refund straight back to my card.

I had paid 3,082 for 2 adults, 2 kids with them (8-22 August) including bags and meals from LGW-MCO.

I've just rebooked with BA Holidays same dates but into Tampa instead and included a car and total cost was 3,172 (so it cost me an extra 90 for a car for 2 weeks, although I do have an extra 40 minutes added to my drive time).

Had I not booked Norwegian in the first place I could have probably got a better deal than that with BA and probably got into Orlando but I would rather not take the risk with Hi-Fly.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
We also flew with them last year and really liked them (we usually fly BA), but with a wet-lease it's not even Norwegian crew, they are taking the whole thing from Hi-Fly which makes me nervous about the on-board service and comfort. I was already a bit nervous about their financial situation so the two things added up made it a no brainer for me to take my money and run.

I'd suggest you have a look for your dates to see if there are better prices available elsewhere. Norwegian didn't quibble with me at all just offered a full refund straight back to my card.

I had paid 3,082 for 2 adults, 2 kids with them (8-22 August) including bags and meals from LGW-MCO.

I've just rebooked with BA Holidays same dates but into Tampa instead and included a car and total cost was 3,172 (so it cost me an extra 90 for a car for 2 weeks, although I do have an extra 40 minutes added to my drive time).

Had I not booked Norwegian in the first place I could have probably got a better deal than that with BA and probably got into Orlando but I would rather not take the risk with Hi-Fly.
Yeah trying to sort that now, because its so "fresh" Expedia need to pass it to another team to confirm the refund, they should call me back within 48 hours. Ill take that time to weigh up my options.
Sheraton VV 2003, DLRP 2004, Villa 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf coast & HRH 2007, Villa, PBH & HRH 2008, Reunion & RPR 2009, NYC & Villa 2011, Villa/PBH 2013, NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH & NYC July 2014, Indian Creek Villa 2014, Keys & Indian Creek Villa 2015, Rolling Hills, AMI & PBH 2016, DLRP 2017 AMI & Villa August 2017, HRH, AMI & Keys May 2018, FLL & The Keys Sep 2018, Orlando & Keys Sept 2019
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to The Keys & Orlando
Unread 26 Apr 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just logged into my booking and noticed that we are now flying out to Miami with Privilege Style - which look like a Spanish airline that do not have any Dreamliners listed.

About to go on Live Chat and ask them what is going on with my flight. I have had no notifications about a change in my flight details.
2013 - Florida (Orange Tree Villa), 2015 - Out West (LA and Vegas)
2018 - LA, Palm Springs & San Diego
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida Again - Finally
Unread 26 Apr 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Siddex View Post
Just logged into my booking and noticed that we are now flying out to Miami with Privilege Style - which look like a Spanish airline that do not have any Dreamliners listed.

About to go on Live Chat and ask them what is going on with my flight. I have had no notifications about a change in my flight details.

They didnt notify me either, I am guessing that they wont until nearer the time as they will not want everyone cancelling and if you dont find out until last minute then unless you are prepared to pay a lot more you are probably stuck with them.

Looks like Privilege style is an ageing Boeing 777 with no inflight entertainment. Theres a review below from someone who got stuck with them due to another Norwegian cancellation this year and it doesnt make good reading.

airlinequality/airli...ivilege-style/

Dont think you will have a problem getting Norwegian to refund you but fingers crossed you can find something with a decent carrier in the same price range.
Unread 26 Apr 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Neither did VA have a big enough fleet to cover the Dreamliner engine issue, even with Deltas back up.
VA wet leased 4 ex Air Berlin A330s to cover that, similar to Norwegian.
I went on one of these in October worst plane Ive ever ever been on
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter in florida
mushumadness is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 26 Apr 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EmilysCat
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We are due to fly 24/7 Gatwick to Tampa with Norwegian - havent heard anything and online booking appears the same - does anyone think well be affected by these changes?
EmilysCat is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 201
Orlando Package Depot