Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 14 May 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Hello, Thankyou so much, this is super helpful. 3 of the 4 ports are the same as mine, so that is very handy x

Could you please let me know how much the fitness classes are? Im contemplating taking my gym wear.

Did you go to any of the pay for restaurants? If so would you recommend them?

Also did you buy a drinks package or use the bars much?

Im not overly struck on the entertainment so hope Im not going to be too lonely.

Lastly, how was the phone signal, did you get much? I believe with gifgaff I can phone from Norway, but just be nice to give him a heads up as to when to expect me. Should I expect nothing on the sea days?

Thanks xx
Fitness classes I did were free I believe for Yoga there is a 'small supplement' to pay but it says in the guide which ones are extra.

We didn't go to any of the paid for restaurants. There were 4 on our boat - The Glass House was 5 pp (Mediterranean), Boat House (seafood / steaks) was 7.50pp, Sindhu (Indian) was 20pp and Epicurean afternoon tea 28pp. The only one I fancied was the Indian one but couldn't justify 40 extra charge - that would buy us 2/3 indian takeaways at home

We used the bars, the drink prices are in line with bar prices on land (which is really refreshing as other cruises I've been on the drinks are ridiculous prices). I only really drink Cider / G&T - cider was 4.50 for a speciality large bottle and the G&T was I think 5.50.

I am with ID mobile and whilst in port could use my normal allowance (most European countries are the same) but make sure to turn your phone off whilst you are moving between ports as you can revert to maritime coverage which is a fortune. I accidently left my phone on roaming when we left port one day and at some point it changed to maritime and racked up 5 of charges (just on it's own, update of emails and the like!) until it hit my cap and stopped (thank goodness I have a cap!).

Back to the magic - Sept 19 @ Coronado Springs Resort
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Deep South Roadtrip & Coronado Springs!
Unread 14 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Trainee Dibber

We went on a Caribbean cruise on the Azura in Oct 2017 and thought it was a lovely ship. We ate at all the restaurants except the Glass House and would recommend the Boat House. Are you sitting with others at dinner? There were 2 of us and we were put with a table of 10, the same people the whole time, which was nice as we had a good, friendly group.

The pub quiz was good fun and again we met some lovely people in there. It was very busy on these nights so you often end up sharing seating. At our first quiz a couple sat by us and we chatted about the quiz and then other things. By the end of the trip it was routine to meet up and play together. The winner got a bottle of wine.

There's quite a few classes and things on, as well as excursions so I don't think you'll be lonely. You can be as social or not as you like.

Funnily enough we have just last night booked the Fjords in August with TUI.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida here we come!
Unread 14 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We ate at the Epicurean twice. For an evening meal and for afternoon tea. The afternoon tea was fabulous. Probably my favourite thing we did.

The evening meal was also really lovely but quite slow and formal. It depends what you prefer.

We also ate at the market cafe which is more of a snack menu. This wasnt at all expensive and we really enjoyed what we had there.

We were on Brittannia but I think its similar.

My trip report is here

bevs97.wordpress/categor...norway-cruise/
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Unread 14 May 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We ate at the Epicurean twice. For an evening meal and for afternoon tea. The afternoon tea was fabulous. Probably my favourite thing we did.

The evening meal was also really lovely but quite slow and formal. It depends what you prefer.

We also ate at the market cafe which is more of a snack menu. This wasnt at all expensive and we really enjoyed what we had there.

We were on Brittannia but I think its similar.

My trip report is here

bevs97.wordpress/categor...norway-cruise/
Thankyou very very much, just read this through from start to finish and really enjoyed it. I think your ship is slightly bigger, and im going to Alesund instead of the Glacier, but it was great seeing the ports too.
2.5 weeks to go. Eeeek
Unread 14 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
We went on a Caribbean cruise on the Azura in Oct 2017 and thought it was a lovely ship. We ate at all the restaurants except the Glass House and would recommend the Boat House. Are you sitting with others at dinner? There were 2 of us and we were put with a table of 10, the same people the whole time, which was nice as we had a good, friendly group.

The pub quiz was good fun and again we met some lovely people in there. It was very busy on these nights so you often end up sharing seating. At our first quiz a couple sat by us and we chatted about the quiz and then other things. By the end of the trip it was routine to meet up and play together. The winner got a bottle of wine.

There's quite a few classes and things on, as well as excursions so I don't think you'll be lonely. You can be as social or not as you like.

Funnily enough we have just last night booked the Fjords in August with TUI.
I dont know about dinner yet, I didnt get to choose as I booked a Saver fare, so I find out on board I think.
Great to know you loved the ship, and the quiz. I love a quiz.
Enjoy your holiday planning, which ports do you go to?
I very nearly went with TUI, but I have cruised with them twice before and never p&o, so I decided on a change

Edited at 07:10 PM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My wedding day
Unread 14 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Fitness classes I did were free I believe for Yoga there is a 'small supplement' to pay but it says in the guide which ones are extra.

We didn't go to any of the paid for restaurants. There were 4 on our boat - The Glass House was 5 pp (Mediterranean), Boat House (seafood / steaks) was 7.50pp, Sindhu (Indian) was 20pp and Epicurean afternoon tea 28pp. The only one I fancied was the Indian one but couldn't justify 40 extra charge - that would buy us 2/3 indian takeaways at home

We used the bars, the drink prices are in line with bar prices on land (which is really refreshing as other cruises I've been on the drinks are ridiculous prices). I only really drink Cider / G&T - cider was 4.50 for a speciality large bottle and the G&T was I think 5.50.

I am with ID mobile and whilst in port could use my normal allowance (most European countries are the same) but make sure to turn your phone off whilst you are moving between ports as you can revert to maritime coverage which is a fortune. I accidently left my phone on roaming when we left port one day and at some point it changed to maritime and racked up 5 of charges (just on it's own, update of emails and the like!) until it hit my cap and stopped (thank goodness I have a cap!).
Thankyou very much for all your help, really appreciate your detailed replies xx
Unread 15 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I dont know about dinner yet, I didnt get to choose as I booked a Saver fare, so I find out on board I think.
Great to know you loved the ship, and the quiz. I love a quiz.
Enjoy your holiday planning, which ports do you go to?
I very nearly went with TUI, but I have cruised with them twice before and never p&o, so I decided on a change
We had the saver fare too. We weren't thrilled to be sitting with 8 strangers but actually it was better than if we were on a table by ourselves.

Thank you. Enjoy yours too! Any tips will be welcome

Our ports are Bergen, Geiranger then an hour in Hellesylt, Olden, Haugesund and Flam. Can't pronounce any of them, haha.

We've never been with TUI and we're going with my in-laws which should be fun for a change. Also P&O didn't offer all inclusive last time we went so we're looking forward to taking full advantage of the drinks package. I forgot to say that the ice cream stall near the pool was fantastic too.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida here we come!
Unread 15 May 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
We had the saver fare too. We weren't thrilled to be sitting with 8 strangers but actually it was better than if we were on a table by ourselves.

Thank you. Enjoy yours too! Any tips will be welcome

Our ports are Bergen, Geiranger then an hour in Hellesylt, Olden, Haugesund and Flam. Can't pronounce any of them, haha.

We've never been with TUI and we're going with my in-laws which should be fun for a change. Also P&O didn't offer all inclusive last time we went so we're looking forward to taking full advantage of the drinks package. I forgot to say that the ice cream stall near the pool was fantastic too.
We were on a Saver fare too. Saver fare doesn't mean that you will be sat with strangers just that you get last priority for dining preference. Our sailing was full and we still got our first choice for dining which was anytime dining. We were on a table for 2 every night. I don't mind sitting with strangers but not when you get put with a group of stuffy over 60's who look down on you because you are *shock horror* YOUNG PEOPLE

Back to the magic - Sept 19 @ Coronado Springs Resort

Edited at 05:30 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Deep South Roadtrip & Coronado Springs!
ResalesDVC