Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Buy and Sell DVC
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18 May 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#41
mitch84
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
mitch84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
We did the fjords last July on Azura with P&O
Absolutely loved it. Spectacular scenery and the ship we loves. Food and drink great and loved the atmosphere...entertainment great too. The kids loved the kids club even though as teens they never usually bother with it.
Great, glad you loved it x
__________________
Mitch xx
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Sneaky solo caribbean cruise
Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#42
Lisa123wm
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That’s a shame you didn’t enjoy it. What was it about the other passengers if you don’t mind me asking?
Their behaviour. From downright rude, to absolutely disgusting.
__________________
Sept 93 - Orlando, California, Nevada
Aug 94, Jul & Dec 03, Oct 04, Xmas 05, 06, 07 - DLP
Dec 08/Jan 09 - Residence Inn Seaworld, Orlando
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#43
mitch84
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
mitch84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Their behaviour. From downright rude, to absolutely disgusting.
That’s a real shame, hopefully I have better luck 😢
__________________
Mitch xx
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Sneaky solo caribbean cruise
Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#44
Lisa123wm
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That’s a real shame, hopefully I have better luck 😢
I’m sure you will. On Cruise Critic there are many, many people who love P&O. I think we just had a bad experience, especially with the service we had. It seems most have a great service.
__________________
Sept 93 - Orlando, California, Nevada
Aug 94, Jul & Dec 03, Oct 04, Xmas 05, 06, 07 - DLP
Dec 08/Jan 09 - Residence Inn Seaworld, Orlando
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#45
holidaysaver75
VIP Dibber
 
holidaysaver75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 10
We sailed to the fjords on the Ventura about 8 years ago. I did really enjoy it and would go again, but I did miss having a week in the sun. The Ventura was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. The thing that sticks with me is that we went on an excursion called "Panoramic Bergen and Mount Floen" (I think that's how you spell it). Trouble is it was so foggy that, far from panoramic, we couldn't see our hands in front of our face!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
#46
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber
 
Loopylooloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We sailed to the fjords on the Ventura about 8 years ago. I did really enjoy it and would go again, but I did miss having a week in the sun. The Ventura was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. The thing that sticks with me is that we went on an excursion called "Panoramic Bergen and Mount Floen" (I think that's how you spell it). Trouble is it was so foggy that, far from panoramic, we couldn't see our hands in front of our face!
Thats always a risk in Bergen, the weather can be temperamental and it rains a lot, we had same thing happen on our last trip there, what a waste of money! Would never pre book the floyban, just see if its nice enough on the day, and then go up, tickets are so easy to buy, and the town is walkable from the ship usually. Bergen is lovely anyway, the Bryggen area of little alleys is well worth exploring.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
DAYS UNTIL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!
Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#47
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
First time at Disney!
Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#48
Omega1
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
I guess trying to please all of the people all of the time is impossible on any holiday, not just a cruise. Fjords ports of call have an amazing range of things to do and you’ve probably done your research on the options for all weather variables. We’re on the Ventura mid June, travelling with DD, SIL and 8 month twins! Having cruised the fjords before, we’re just going to ‘go with the flow’!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#49
mitch84
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
mitch84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
I go Saturday (on the Azura though). I desperately don't want fixed dining. I tend to plan my dining around the entertainment, not the other way round, early dining makes me feel like a child, and late is quite close to bed time. I wasn't allowed to even request with my saver fare, so my first job on ship is top try to change this.

Also I'm on my own, and am happy to share tables, but don't always want the same people, I want to go to the solo meets and see if I make a friend.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I've booked the Flam railway independently, but am not booking anything else til I get there, currently the weather is awful
__________________
Mitch xx
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Sneaky solo caribbean cruise
Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#50
Omega1
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
... early dining makes me feel like a child, and late is quite close to bed time.
That made me laugh! Late dining means over dosing on Gaviscon for me. Go and sweet talk the MD - you’ll be fine.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Reply
Ever After Holidays

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 1st June 2020
Theme Parks in central Florida will begin reopening this week with Disney holding off longer... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 1st June 2020
SeaWorld Orlando will reopen to visitors on 11 June after closing it’s gates due to... Read More »
Posted in Dapper Dans
On 31st May 2020
Check out this new video of the Dapper Dans from Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park Dapper... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2297
Covent Garden FX  $1.2313
M&S  $1.2113
Sainsburys  $1.2229
TESCO  $1.2060
Travelex  $1.2202
Updated: 12:00 02/06/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits...

Upgrade Now


Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1050
Covent Garden FX  €1.1024
M&S  €1.0881
Sainsburys  €1.0997
TESCO  €1.0837
Travelex  €1.0963
Updated: 12:00 02/06/2020