Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 14 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have you tried CBT ? It helped my daughter, she has bi-polar. At her worst time I was her walking buddy. Some days we only managed a stroll round the block, on good days a long walk in the countryside were there wasn't many people. She is settled at the moment on medication but still has bad days, but they don't last as long as they use too. Hope you have family who can give you the time and support you need or a very good friend.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to get there!
Unread 14 May 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Have you tried CBT ? It helped my daughter, she has bi-polar. At her worst time I was her walking buddy. Some days we only managed a stroll round the block, on good days a long walk in the countryside were there wasn't many people. She is settled at the moment on medication but still has bad days, but they don't last as long as they use too. Hope you have family who can give you the time and support you need or a very good friend.
Thanks. I think thats what I was originally referred to the psychologist for but I dont whether thats changed in the past year(thats how long it has taken to get an appointment with a psychologist). Only had one appointment so far, got another tomorrow. So I need to wait and see. Good to hear it can help though.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Be kind to yourself, rest , try and keep in touch with people - dont hibernate - take each day as it comes x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5nts Universal and 14 nts POR
Unread 14 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I find establishing a routine helps, I have generalized anxiety disorder.and find that a routine helps me get off the sofa and do something even if I don't feel like it.

Hope you start to feel better.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Winter Sun with Mickey
Unread 14 May 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Be kind to yourself, rest , try and keep in touch with people - dont hibernate - take each day as it comes x
Thanks. I hibernate a lot. 18-20 hours in bed pretty much every day, which I know is not great but Im just cant cope with the world anymore. I do see someone most days, and talk to people online everyday, so at least not fully hibernating.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
I find establishing a routine helps, I have generalized anxiety disorder.and find that a routine helps me get off the sofa and do something even if I don't feel like it.

Hope you start to feel better.
Thank you. I sort of have a routine, get up around the same time that sort of thing. Im gonna try doing just something each day.
Unread 14 May 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you thought about working through a photography assignment list? You could use any camera even camera on your phone. You can download a daily list and work through the list choosing an assignment each day. Photography can be absorbing and would engage you in a new activity. Something a bit different.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ looking forward to being a Jedi
Unread 14 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I felt the same as you myself a year ago CBT helped me try to give your life some structure. Start off with just getting up at the right time and going to bed then add to it weekly/daily. Build on what your doing and try not to beat yourself up if you dont achieve all you wanted to that day. It can be very difficult to get yourself out of this viscous circle but if you work at it youll get there. My trigger was my job when I lost it I lost all direction and self worth. Good luck and if you want anything feel free to message me it dose get easier with work