Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 16 May 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Heed666 View Post
I also have flights book for September and I'm starting to get a little worried now!

We just have to hope another airline takes them over or, they find the finances they need
Were in the same boat, October flights with TC paid with credit card, holiday direct with Disney balance due August.
The worry and uncertainty is affecting the planning procedure, and starting to put a dampener on things.
Im sure lots of others are feeling the same. 🤞
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW 1st time since 1999
Unread 16 May 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The problem now is- unless flights are REALLY cheap (adding to the lack of profitability for them) who is going to book?
Some may book if the deal is good enough, particularly for say 2020 thinking if Virgin takes over all well and good I get a great deal, and if it goes bust in the interim then I can get something else.
Problem is if it drags on in a death spiral into next year- imagine then having flights and it's getting worse as it's nearing your flight. Squeaky bum time then.
I think I'll avoid, and I've flown with them from Manchester many times and they are good- it's a shame because if say Virgin do buy it, I'm sure the already sky high prices in Manchester will get worse.
Hopefully they'll get a sale soon, but if it looks like it's going under buyers will wait to pick up the slots when it's in administration. Let's also hope it can secure the 300m in funding.
Unread 16 May 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I thought flights would be covered by ATOL? My sister had booked and paid for flights in September. We have a package booked so ATOL will cover us, but not my sister from the sound of things :/
Clarion I-Drive July 2004, Clarion I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006, Southern Dunes Villa May 2010 (married my husband in Flo), Town Centre Villa June 2011, Southern Dunes August 2012, Hampton Lakes, Carnival Cruise August 2013, Regal Palms 2014, Southern dunes 2017. Southern Dunes, Hard Rock Hotel May 2018, AKL, Disney Dream, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge 2019
Going back August 2019:
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Loews Sapphire
Unread 16 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Unread 16 May 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We book with alpha travel insurance, they have end supplier failure! Thomas Cook will likely sell their airline its profitable and have both Lufthansa and Virgin bidding for it!
They have just also suceeded in securing a 300 million banking facility to see them through till next year! Its not as black as is painted,but I would recommend end supplier failure!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019

Edited at 10:22 AM.
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Quensabob is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 16 May 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The problem now is- unless flights are REALLY cheap (adding to the lack of profitability for them) who is going to book?
Some may book if the deal is good enough, particularly for say 2020 thinking if Virgin takes over all well and good I get a great deal, and if it goes bust in the interim then I can get something else.
Problem is if it drags on in a death spiral into next year- imagine then having flights and it's getting worse as it's nearing your flight. Squeaky bum time then.
I think I'll avoid, and I've flown with them from Manchester many times and they are good- it's a shame because if say Virgin do buy it, I'm sure the already sky high prices in Manchester will get worse.
Hopefully they'll get a sale soon, but if it looks like it's going under buyers will wait to pick up the slots when it's in administration. Let's also hope it can secure the 300m in funding.
According to Sky News they have!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 16 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
We book with alpha travel insurance, they have end supplier failure! Thomas Cook will likely sell their airline its profitable and have both Lufthansa and Virgin bidding for it!
They have just also suceeded in securing a 300 million banking facility to see them through till next year! Its not as black as is painted,but I would recommend end supplier failure!
Yes that's not available until October though so I suspect it only comes with conditions (guessing ) such as selling the airline.
Unread 16 May 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Don't worry everyone its pointless Thomas Cook have been going for over 100 years and there is still life left in them, threads with unfounded doom and gloom dont help, just make sure your covered for every potential.
The anouncement today was expected and the share price is already recovering!

Kenwood Travel