Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 16 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes that's not available until October though so I suspect it only comes with conditions (guessing ) such as selling the airline.
Selling of the airline is a definate, they need the cash! But that wont be finalised till the end if the year!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Quensabob is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 16 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Yes it could be there are conditions on the further lending, but suspect they have said they don't need the money until Autumn. Will be interesting to see if it's still lent if things get worse.
I really hope TC comes through this as I think it's a good company, I've never had any issues with them.
I was caught on the Monarch fiasco though- had three flights with them booked. One ended up being ATOL protected due to a secret insistence by the government that they had to have it as it looked very iffy.
One was on Amex, got that back straight away.
One was by bank card- got that back via chargeback thankfully.
Still cost me over 1000 though as new flights I had to book were by the time of 2 of them, much more expensive.
With Monarch people knew there were issues but it limped on and we were told it would all be fine. The government knew a lot more!

Edited at 10:33 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch
Unread 16 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Don't worry everyone its pointless Thomas Cook have been going for over 100 years and there is still life left in them, threads with unfounded doom and gloom dont help, just make sure your covered for every potential.
The anouncement today was expected and the share price is already recovering!
This ^^
May 2021 - Loading...
itsmeGAV is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW / Universal 2020.
Unread 16 May 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes it could be there are conditions on the further lending, but suspect they have said they don't need the money until Autumn. Will be interesting to see if it's still lent if things get worse.
I really hope TC comes through this as I think it's a good company, I've never had any issues with them.
I was caught on the Monarch fiasco though- had three flights with them booked. One ended up being ATOL protected due to a secret insistence by the government that they had to have it as it looked very iffy.
One was on Amex, got that back straight away.
One was by bank card- got that back via chargeback thankfully.
Still cost me over 1000 though as new flights I had to book were by the time of 2 of them, much more expensive.
Me too,I have flown loads with Thomas Cook and there customer service has always been great! I worry about the smaller airlines disappearing and we only get the big boys, flight prices will go through the roof!
We lost our holiday in 2008 a week before when XL went under it was a nightmare we managed to go in the end but I hope I don't have to go through that again!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Quensabob is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 16 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I really like tc and hope things get better for them. Also hope virgin don't buy them Manchester fares are bad enough as it is.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
MariaLynda is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 16 May 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Very Serious Dibber

Don't worry everyone its pointless Thomas Cook have been going for over 100 years and there is still life left in them, threads with unfounded doom and gloom dont help, just make sure your covered for every potential.
I dont think its meant to be spreading doom or gloom. Its about being prepared for all eventualities. Im more worried about being stranded in the USA. Especially now that Barclays have told me their insurance wont even cover repatriation if they went bust in the middle of our holiday.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Choo Choo here we gooooo
Unread 16 May 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
floridavisitor
Imagineer

Mobile

Woolworths had been going for 150 years, Lehman brothers nearly 200

Where are they today? Previous history is absolutely no guarantee of future solvency
floridavisitor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I won't ever wear a big fanny
floridavisitor is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 16 May 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I always like to be positive but Im uneasy that the loss of 1.5 billion for half-year is very big for a company that size, although I havent looked their balance sheets etc.

Their announcement said that it was mainly caused by people not booking for various reasons including fear of terrorism and uncertainties of Brexit.

To my mind it takes a lot of lost bookings to result in that big a loss. Obviously dependant on the profit margins built into their costings & prices.

Issues might include withdrawal of credit by their bankers, do they lease or own their planes, do they have a good buffer of currency already secured before the exchange rates started to fall ?

Anyway these are just my thoughts. With the help of their creditors they might very well be snapped up by another company. Lets hope so.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Florida Tix