Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Escapes
Unread 18 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
slightly serious Dibber

Weve got 3 types of indoor cameras.

We have a Logitech one which only records when there is motion. It keeps the motion on there for 24 hours for free or you can pay to keep them for longer. (Around 140)

We have two belkin ones which you have to pay to record any motion and the paid for service only records as a timelapse. (About 80 each)

We also have two Wyze Cams which are from America. On these you can record and keep any motion but you have to put a memory card in. It records all the time but tells you about events so you can search for the motion. ($20 plus 8 import)

I prefer the Logitech style of motion recording but the Wyze Cams are really good for the value.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A new experience! BLT.
Unread 18 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
slightly serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
We have a Nest doorbell camera. We are happy with it - although it alerts us to foxes and cats walking across our garden during the night - no problem for me as I leave my phone downstairs so it doesn't disturb me. You can turn the motion alert off but I want to know if someone is on my property.
May I ask if you have other Nest devices also connected ? If so do they work together when detection on one is activated?
Unread 18 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando_Kings View Post
May I ask if you have other Nest devices also connected ? If so do they work together when detection on one is activated?

Sorry we just have the doorbell. We can watch live or watch any of the motion recordings (think they drop off after 5 days).
jdndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Port Orleans Riverside Part III
Unread 18 May 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
slightly serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
Sorry we just have the doorbell. We can watch live or watch any of the motion recordings (think they drop off after 5 days).
Thanks!
Unread 18 May 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
slightly serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
Weve got 3 types of indoor cameras.

We have a Logitech one which only records when there is motion. It keeps the motion on there for 24 hours for free or you can pay to keep them for longer. (Around 140)

We have two belkin ones which you have to pay to record any motion and the paid for service only records as a timelapse. (About 80 each)

We also have two Wyze Cams which are from America. On these you can record and keep any motion but you have to put a memory card in. It records all the time but tells you about events so you can search for the motion. ($20 plus 8 import)

I prefer the Logitech style of motion recording but the Wyze Cams are really good for the value.
Thanks - I think different cameras would be a hassle for us as assuming 3 different apps to view etc, but will have a look at those ones you've listed
Unread 18 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Satisfactual
VIP Dibber

We have Arlo, 130 per camera, good field of vision, texts and emails me when motion or noise activated, keeps video in library for 7 days, no additional cost after initial purchase, can add more indoor or outdoor cameras, more than happy with it
Satisfactual is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Unread 18 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando_Kings View Post
Thanks - I think different cameras would be a hassle for us as assuming 3 different apps to view etc, but will have a look at those ones you've listed
Oh absolutely! I just meant that the way the app works and motion settings and options they have for storing recordings are definitely things to look in to before making your decision.

Out of the ones you mention I have a Ring camera too (outside) and I personally find its really slow to load when theres live motion, which in an outdoor camera that they advertise as being something you can access immediately, isnt true in my case.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A new experience! BLT.
Unread 19 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
slightly serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Satisfactual View Post
We have Arlo, 130 per camera, good field of vision, texts and emails me when motion or noise activated, keeps video in library for 7 days, no additional cost after initial purchase, can add more indoor or outdoor cameras, more than happy with it
Just came across Arlo yesterday so will have a look. Sounds cost effective too with and 7 days free storage is probably sufficient.
Thanks!
ResalesDVC