Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 19 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
floridavisitor
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
Well Ive just booked a flight with them for 2020. Am i worried? Not really most transatlantic airlines are posting a loss (TC, TUI, Virgin) yes TC is large but that is due to a write down of a previous company they bought. Plus there is heavy competition in purchasing there airline. Look at Flybe Virgin bought them and they are still flying
Actually Virgin aren't currently loss making (they have been in the past) and they almost certainly will be this year (as they look to offset as much of the Flybe acquisition costs as they can)
floridavisitor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I won't ever wear a big fanny
Unread 19 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridavisitor View Post
Actually Virgin aren't currently loss making (they have been in the past) and they almost certainly will be this year (as they look to offset as much of the Flybe acquisition costs as they can)

They made a loss of 26.1million. They dont forecast hitting a profit until 2021
uk.reuters/article/uk-vi...-idUKKCN1RM1I3

Edited at 10:03 PM.
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yatch club 2019
Unread 19 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridavisitor
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
They made a loss of 26.1million. They dont forecast hitting a profit until 2021
uk.reuters/article/uk-vi...-idUKKCN1RM1I3
Depends which report you read - same as TC - there loss was an accounting one which many commentators ignored.
floridavisitor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sigh. The issue isnt about making a loss as you can post a loss for various reasons but its whether the company can absorb the loss and whether the company has more assets than its liabilities and what trading looks like as you can do better than previous years but still post losses. In Thomas Cooks scenario they made a loss of almost 1.5 billion which must be almost unheard of plus they have debts worth 4 times assets. Its worrying times but have been rated a going concern as long as they can offload the airline.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Towels @ Disney World
Unread 19 May 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
floridavisitor
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Spike1911 View Post
Sigh. The issue isnt about making a loss as you can post a loss for various reasons but its whether the company can absorb the loss and whether the company has more assets than its liabilities and what trading looks like as you can do better than previous years but still post losses. In Thomas Cooks scenario they made a loss of almost 1.5 billion which must be almost unheard of plus they have debts worth 4 times assets. Its worrying times but have been rated a going concern as long as they can offload the airline.
Sort of...

The airline if it was separated is a profitable business.

If they sold this off (and could find someone who would buy it for what it is worth) the money they would receive would be swallowed into the debt hole and make them basically solvent again.

So yes they are a going concern if they offload the airline, but only because the airline is the most valuable part of their business.

Essentially they are selling the family jewels in order to keep the shed at the bottom of the garden
Unread 20 May 19, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post

Wrong the only savings accounts that will do a credit check are ones that may in the future turn to a current account with overdraft savings is not credit the best are listed here with up to 5% for regular savers !

moneysavingexpert/sa...ings-accounts/
The quotes have gone funny. For the avoidance of doubt, it was me that mentioned that a poor credit score will not prevent anyone getting a savings account. Even a nice one.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 20 May 19, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
I said a nice savings account, one with higher interest. Which is normally based on your credit score. So not open to all. Maybe I wasn't clear.
Your clarity over the savings account interest rate is not relevant. It is still a savings account, there is no credit risk to the lending institution no matter what the interest rate is. So as I say, I was puzzled why you think some people cannot get a savings account. Banks like to hold savings as it increases their capacity to lend and make money.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 20 May 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Some banks require you to open a current account alongside a savings account, in which case they might check you out more thoroughly.
ERICSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Kenwood Travel