Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 18 May 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
yeh you should be okay i must say person who dealt with me said hundreds were bailing out of holidays cant blame them i dont thinc TC been very honest they really are in real trouble
Where have they not been honest?

Please stop scaremongering people.
May 2021 - Loading...
itsmeGAV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW / Universal 2020.
Unread 18 May 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Excited about Disney

I think it is a bit harsh to say people are scaremongering. There are quite clearly problems at TC. Can they get through it? Who really knows apart from TC themselves. Are people entitled to be worried? Yes, the travel industry is currently suffering and any company posting the losses they are have big problems. This is not scaremongering it is fact. We all can just hope that they have enough plans in place to ride through.
Unread 18 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I think you have made the right decision. TC are in obvious trouble, but I do understand why they are not telling the full story, they are trying to save their business. I hope they make it.
Unread 18 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I think it is a bit harsh to say people are scaremongering. There are quite clearly problems at TC. Can they get through it? Who really knows apart from TC themselves. Are people entitled to be worried? Yes, the travel industry is currently suffering and any company posting the losses they are have big problems. This is not scaremongering it is fact. We all can just hope that they have enough plans in place to ride through.
Telling blatant lies, quoting hearsay and printing falsehoods is scaremongering in my opinion which is only leading to more unfounded worries, including people cancelling holidays unnecessarily and losing money!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Quensabob is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 18 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by John View Post
I think you have made the right decision. TC are in obvious trouble, but I do understand why they are not telling the full story, they are trying to save their business. I hope they make it.
What full story are they not telling?

What do you know that means you can say they are not telling the full story?
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019

Edited at 10:37 PM.
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lifes a Beach Club
Unread 18 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thomas Cooks line is its its business as usual,flights and holidays are as planned and not to worry as you are full covered by abta or atol, why is that a lie!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Quensabob is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 18 May 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Ive also booked flights with TC for August 2020 so plenty of time to re-book if things go wrong. Fingers crossed that everything will be fine, though. I have no intention of trying to cancel as I got a really great price and wouldnt want to lose the flight.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Thomas Cooks line is its its business as usual,flights and holidays are as planned and not to worry as you are full covered by abta or atol, why is that a lie!
Of course its the company line to say it's "business as usual". That's standard practice. It doesn't actually mean in reality that everything IS fine! For example Toys 'r' Us were giving the same info not long ago & still selling gift cards (which turned out to be worthless) right up until the day before the company liquidated.

It's fair to say that your holiday money is safe due to ABTA or ATOL protection BUT... people would rather know for certain they are going to go on the holiday they have paid for rather than knowing they "might" get that holiday but if it goes wrong then they will get a refund at some indeterminate time in the future but may mean missing the holiday they mave saved & planned for years.

Its a horrid position for everyone involved & i hope Thomas Cook pull it out the bag for everyone who has booked & of course all their staff but i wouldn't blame anyone for looking at alternative arrangements. Things don't look great.
pokerbanter is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd "once in a lifetime" trip to CBR
Florida Escapes