Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 19 May 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
If he's into the PlayStation could you look and see if you have a coder dojo locally? Or some other tech type activity?

My eldest just isn't interested in any sports activities and it's very hard to find other non sport activities.

As others have suggested scouts can be great, or you might have a youth club local to you he could join.
What is a coder dojo? Ive not heard of that one before.☺️
Unread 19 May 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
There is a trampolining place nearby and I did suggest it to him. Ill look into what they offer. Thanks.☺️
I don't mean one of those play bounce places, where people bounce across a series of trampolines (until they break a leg or something), I mean proper fixed trampolines, like what you see at the Olympics etc.

Your local leisure centre is the most likely venue.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Making it up as we go along
Unread 19 May 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

My girls do both Brownies and Cubs. Theyve done them since they were old enough to start Beavers/Rainbows.

Theyve no interest in dance, gymnastics or anything else so Scouting/Guiding is where we landed and weve no regrets.

Last weekend they were on Brownie camp and next weekend its Cub Camp. They have a Brownie fun day coming up and a Cub archery competition. They would not be as active without these organisations nor exposed to so many opportunities or ability to learn new skills.

They have bikes, scooters and enjoy swimming but these things are very much for fun, which is fab, but Scouting and Guiding is helping us mould then into very well rounded individuals.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Christmas Trip!
Unread 19 May 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I don't mean one of those play bounce places, where people bounce across a series of trampolines (until they break a leg or something), I mean proper fixed trampolines, like what you see at the Olympics etc.

Your local leisure centre is the most likely venue.
Ill check it out👍🏻
Unread 19 May 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Very Serious Dibber

Way back when my DS18 (today!) was that age he wanted to give up swimming to basically pay on some forms of electronic game. The only way I would let him was if he picked another activity to start before I let him stop swimming. Seven years down the road and he is a black belt in Karate and goes to competitions - I do believe if I had let him stop without something else already in place he never would have chosen something. I hope your son finds something he really enjoys
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sun Sun Sun
Unread 19 May 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Apprentice Imagineer

My DS does Scouts and has been a beaver and a cub. While he doesn't do outdoor camping he loves everything else. They get to do such a variety of stuff. I think the Scouts participation in the local community is great. I'm always so proud when they participate in Remembrance Parade.
He's not sporty at all. He has swimming lessons on a Saturday but he's going into a lull. He's just been moved up a group so hopefully the new lifeguarding techniques will spark enthusiasm.
I had said if he gives up swimming he will need to do another physical activity instead.
He plays chess and scrabble after school.
As much as Fortnite gets some knocks playing it after starting secondary has made him come out of his shell and he's now got a nice little group of friends at school
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ looking forward to being a Jedi
Unread 19 May 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
Excited about Disney

My daughter does Guides, Young Archeologists, Drama, Dance, Tennis, goes to a bowling group, youth club and belongs to a carnival club.
Not all are weekly though. X
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Glastonbury Festival
Unread 19 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Purplefrog View Post
My daughter does Guides, Young Archeologists, Drama, Dance, Tennis, goes to a bowling group, youth club and belongs to a carnival club.
Not all are weekly though. X
Thats a lot of things! Im glad you added the not weekly, I was exhausted from reading the list.☺️

I wish my son wanted to do a fifth of that!
Florida Escapes