Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Mar 12, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by torillien View Post

Thank you !
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

Another question...

Sorry... If I open an Halifax share dealing account .. do I need to bank with them ?
As I don't have a current account with them will this be a concern? & can I by shares for my dd's ? Or is there an age limit on them?

Thanks in advance

Helen xx
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gingababe View Post
Another question...

Sorry... If I open an Halifax share dealing account .. do I need to bank with them ?
As I don't have a current account with them will this be a concern? & can I by shares for my dd's ? Or is there an age limit on them?

Thanks in advance

Helen xx
You don't need to bank with the Halifax, anyone can open a sharedealing account with them, click here to go to the page.
It is a legal thing that shares can only be owned by over 18s, we wanted shares for our kids too, not even sure if you can transfer ownership when they are 18 or if you have to sell your shares and then your kids buy shares when they are old enough. We're not buying them for the investment potential, like most on here we're buying them to get the discounts and privileges they offer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Well we applied to open our sharedealing account last Friday, got confirmation on Monday so registered for online dealing, for some reason had to wait for an online password through the post which came yesterday and have bought the shares this morning, printed the Contract Note and the Shareholders Club forms off to post today, so hoping it won't be too long before the Shareholder membership card arrives, it will definitely before we go anyway. I'm almost as excited about owning half a brick at DLP (or thereabouts) as I am about going on holiday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
You don't need to bank with the Halifax, anyone can open a sharedealing account with them, click here to go to the page.
It is a legal thing that shares can only be owned by over 18s, we wanted shares for our kids too, not even sure if you can transfer ownership when they are 18 or if you have to sell your shares and then your kids buy shares when they are old enough. We're not buying them for the investment potential, like most on here we're buying them to get the discounts and privileges they offer.
Thats fab thank you very much !
Old 9 Mar 12, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
you can pass your shares on there is a section on it on teh DLP share dealing site - I am going to do that when Emily hits 18 .. or buy more for her
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 12, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

If your card doesn't come before you go call them they will give you a number to use.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 12, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread