Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 13, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneyland Paris New Year

Hey

So we are considering going to Disneyland Paris this New Year, maybe from 29th December - 2nd January. We would be flying from Cardiff Airport but have never been as a family before or booked anything. I am looking for some advice from anybody who has been New Year before or knows about it. The onsite hotels seem to be out of our budget, however we would love to stay quite near. We have looked at a hotel in the Val d'Europe area, which I understand is quite near to Disney itself. We are a little worried over New Year's Eve situation though, we really want to stay in the park until closing and I know the RER A runs quite late but is anybody aware of transport on New Year's Eve from Disney at around 1am or park closing time?

Also, what is the best way to get from the airport to our hotel in the Val d'Europe area? We don't want to pay a huge amount. We wish we could afford to stay at a Disney hotel but it's not within our range unfortunately. Also, where is the best place to buy the hopper tickets from? We are thinking of a 3 day one or something like that.

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi

And welcome to the DIBB.

I'm going to start my reply with the bad news.

NYE at DLP is always horribly mad crazy busy.

You need to remember that the event is held around Lake Disney, at the end of Disney Village and is publically accessible by anyone - without any need for a ticket.

As a result, and given the quick and easy transport from Paris and surrounding France in the train to DLP's station which is just a fee metres walk across the forecourt, its a popular NYE venue for the French. Much like we would go to the London Eye, Trafalgar Square or Edinburgh Castle.

Still want to go? Sure?

Okay...

Best be prepared then.

The Xmas season is traditionally one of their busiest do yes you're going to pay peak pricing, especially for stays over NYE.

Be sure to price up Hotel & Stay prices only when comparing on site pricing. ALWAYS price transport seperately as DLPs own flight inclusive packages are pricey.

You can grab cheap flights with EasyJet, AirFrance or FlyBe by booking with the airline direct.

To get from CDG to DLP, including Val d'Europe, either look at the great quick and easy TGV high speed link in the sticky at the top of this DLP forum or consider a private hire company like RS Transport.

Don't opt for DLPs own promoted VEA coach shuttle. It's horrible and costs just as much as the nicer, quicker options I've just listed above.

Getting from Val d'Europe off site hotels to the gates of DLP is easy. It's just one hop down the line on the RER (a bit like the tube)

For park tickets, either buy online direct with DLP on their website or check Ticketnet.FR for regular offers.

Beware of dodgy eBay and other too-cheap-to-be-true online ticket deals. DLP has regular battles with fraudulent ticket vendors so you are best buying from them direct of a known vendor. The DIBB advertisers you'll find in the Ticket section often run occasional deals too.

Old 12 May 13, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We did nye this year, it was fab, there are fireworks on the lake and both parks so you can pick, all parks hit capacity. We stayed in a Novotel 10 mins drive away which was very affordable not sure about transport or flights tho.
Old 12 May 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by brinbunny View Post
We did nye this year, it was fab, there are fireworks on the lake and both parks so you can pick, all parks hit capacity. We stayed in a Novotel 10 mins drive away which was very affordable not sure about transport or flights tho.
Yep we went together and had a brilliant time, and the year before, and a few years before that. Yes it's busy but still good. We watched the fireworks inside the Disneyland park every time. We drive and stay 10 mins away so only have to find our car to get back to the hotel. hope that helps!
Old 12 May 13, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would have to say sadly that having been over NYE, I would never ever do it again. We found the park and general Disney village area unbearable and to us (with DS, who was 7) it felt unsafe and the management / cast members were distinctly uninterested in the guest experience.
It was on a par with being squashed in the mosh-pit of a gig/festival with bags/ elbows and rude people shoving us and more annoyingly, DS.
We watched the fireworks in the Disneyland park, but it then took over an hour to get from the main hub to the bottom of main street and out of the park. We were staying at NBC which meant we had to fight through the village area where the crowds were awful and lots of VERY drunk French etc.
If it had just been me and DH, it would have been nowhere near as bad, but with kids it was awful and I would absolutely not recommend it for a family experience.
We have subsequently gone on 1st Jan twice which was much calmer and we still got to wish happy new year to the mouse and his buddies!
Just another point of view to consider.
I am not tolerant of rude people and certainly not of people who have no consideration or regard for others and especially children. It felt like every single person in Europe that fitted into that description all congregated in DLRP on NYE!
If you go then I hope your experience is better than ours

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Hi, we went a few years ago. Stayed in the Dream castle and booked trhough DLP (they had a 30% off when you book transport deal) so we paid £1005 for 2 nights, 3 days, for the 3 of us, including New Year's Eve. Went by eurostar from St Pancras.
It was mental. So busy you had to really carefully plan what you were going to do, when. We booked Cafe Mickey around about 7pm for NYE and then went in to the parks after. It was manic and people were just pushing and shoving. I think that if we were on our own, and didn't have our 5yr at the time, we would have enjoyed it more, but we were constantly looking out for her and checking she was ok and safe as there were just so many people.
That said, we probably would do it again.
Helen x
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread