Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Permission to have holiday from school

My daughter and son in law are coming over in September (5th) for. Week. School starts back on the 7th.

They’ve asked the school for permissions to bring him over, but have been told there is no timescale for the school to get back to them and give permissions . I’ve booked their flights with the hope we can add him on later ( he lives with his mum)

How long do schools usually take to grant permission?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Schools don’t grant permission anymore. Taking him out of school can result in a fine for both his parents. It would be classed as unauthorised absense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Some schools still authorise. My son’s school did up until recently. They always got back to us quite quickly, but each school is different - good luck and I hope it all gets authorised. Nothing is as important as spending happy time with our loved ones
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Schools don’t grant permission anymore. Taking him out of school can result in a fine for both his parents. It would be classed as unauthorised absense.
Well my step grandsons school does. They’ve sent an request for absence form to my son in law, asking him to fill in the details of the reason for absence and how long

educationletters/pe...e-holiday.html

Edited at 04:06 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Well my step grandsons school does. They’ve sent an request for absence form to my son in law, asking him to fill in the details of the reason for absence and how long

That’s lucky as I think most don’t nowadays. I guess only the school can give a timeframe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Only in very exceptional circumstances (which it does state at the end of the letter you e attached). We ask for a letter with dates of the holiday in our authority, but I’ve never known anyone in our school be granted an authorised holiday. If it’s anything over 5 days is classed as unauthorised absence. You can still take them, it’s not like they can stop you, just account for the £60 per parent, per child fine in your costing.
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

We are allowed 10 days in both my children's schools, we complete a form and we have a written confirmation back from school,usually sent home in within week or two. My son's high school supply a homework pack for them to complete.
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking at the letter you have attached it sounds unlikely that he will get permission as it will be the start of a school year and the settling in period.
They could still take him out but could get fined. Personally I would not take a child out at the beginning of a school year, it’s probably the worst time. It’s hard enough for young ones to settle into a new class with a new teacher etc.
Could they not do a couple of weeks earlier or October half term?
Our head usually takes around 6 weeks to get back to parents and it’s always a big fat no. I really don’t understand why she takes so long.
They could ask school how long the decision will take x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Looking at the letter you have attached it sounds unlikely that he will get permission as it will be the start of a school year and the settling in period.
They could still take him out but could get fined. Personally I would not take a child out at the beginning of a school year, it’s probably the worst time. It’s hard enough for young ones to settle into a new class with a new teacher etc.
Could they not do a couple of weeks earlier or October half term?
Our head usually takes around 6 weeks to get back to parents and it’s always a big fat no. I really don’t understand why she takes so long.
They could ask school how long the decision will take x
This isn't my letter is a link showing that sone schools still give permissions. They asked and were told no time scales can be given. Unfortunately this is the only time they can both get off of work.
They won't just take him out of school if it's a no then it's a no. But I'm st odds as to why it takes so long either it's yes or no it's not exactly rocket science
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
We are allowed 10 days in both my children's schools, we complete a form and we have a written confirmation back from school,usually sent home in within week or two. My son's high school supply a homework pack for them to complete.
That's good. This us not just a theme park or beach holiday. He's visiting family whom he doesn't get to see very often and experiencing a different culture foods and visiting interesting places.

We will see what they say