Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jul 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile Little review of Animation Experience at Conservation Station

When this was announced I swapped one of our Everest fast passes for this and did it just after it opened.

It was so nice getting the Wildlife express again after not being at Conservation Station for so long.

We arrived at Rafiki’s Planet Watch and were shown to our seats. We collected a drawing sheet and pencil on our way & clipboards were on our seats.
The animator arrived and showed us step by step how to draw the character for today - Timon.
There are guidelines in the paper and it was so easy to follow along and draw our very own Timon picture. It took around 10 minutes.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back a couple of days later to try and do it without a FP.
We were in quite a big standby queue to enter as all FP people are seated 1st, but we all got in in the end.
This time we drew Simba.

I would highly recommend it and the pictures make great souvenirs.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you don’t need to use a FastPass for this, so that’s good news!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Do they have certain characters on a daily scheduled timed list ( like in Disneyland Cali Adventure) or is it up to the animator which character is drawn in each time slot?
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Good to hear you enjoyed it. On another thread I asked about snakes. I was told they had seen someone holding one and talking to people. Did you see any and if so was it easy to avoid as I'm very phobic and unsure whether to go to this for our fastoass next month. Thanks
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Do they have certain characters on a daily scheduled timed list ( like in Disneyland Cali Adventure) or is it up to the animator which character is drawn in each time slot?
Yes they have different characters from the Lion King at different time slots.
Before we went in to our 2nd class we asked which character it is going to be and the CM had a list of the different characters and which time slot each of the character was.
Our 1st class was the last slot of the day & our second was around 2nd to last of the day.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Good to hear you enjoyed it. On another thread I asked about snakes. I was told they had seen someone holding one and talking to people. Did you see any and if so was it easy to avoid as I'm very phobic and unsure whether to go to this for our fastoass next month. Thanks
No we didn’t see any snakes out. I don’t like them either.
On our 2nd visit there was a bird show as we were leaving, but our 1st visit was just as Rafiki’s was about to close so everyone just headed straight for the train back to Harambe.

If they do ever get snakes out though it’d be very easy to avoid 😊
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Ah... this brings back memories of Hollywood Studios and the Art of Animation Tour. Loved doing this, we went in class after class after class... I now have a portfolio of my Disney artwork and loads of "How to draw..." books. I noticed an ad for this recently and was a little sad to see all the guidelines on the paper already. All you used to get was Disney branded paper and a pencil. They taught you how to do the guidelines and everything. Can't decide if I will like the new version. Seems to have been shortened to get more people through.
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Ah... this brings back memories of Hollywood Studios and the Art of Animation Tour. Loved doing this, we went in class after class after class... I now have a portfolio of my Disney artwork and loads of "How to draw..." books. I noticed an ad for this recently and was a little sad to see all the guidelines on the paper already. All you used to get was Disney branded paper and a pencil. They taught you how to do the guidelines and everything. Can't decide if I will like the new version. Seems to have been shortened to get more people through.
I don’t know why, but we never went to any of the animation classes at HS, I used to think ‘next time’ we’ll do it, but never got round to it.
Didn’t do any when we stayed at AoA either 😳
I quite liked having the guidelines, but I guess they’ve maybe added them to save time?
Bet it’s so nice having your portfolio to look back on 😊
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Here's a photo of DD's Timon by the way. I meant to post yesterday but it didn't work - ha! 😊

Edited at 08:49 PM.
Old 23 Jul 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Here's a photo of DD's Timon by the way. I meant to post yesterday but it didn't work - ha! 😊
Thats great...glad you enjoyed it, we loved it...wished we had made time to go back to it. Pumba was our character

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
You will be fine...honestly... even asking a CM if any "show and tell" classes are on whilst you are there may help?...they will reassure you.

Dont let that put you off the class, its well worth doing...!
My DW and DD wont even walk glass the glass that have the tanks on the other side of them..! , they walked back out the incoming side... you will be fine
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List