Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jul 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

Hollywood Studios

Hi guys,

My FP booking started today - we are offsite so 30 days out - and man oh man it was literally one of the most stressful times which I was not expecting as last tine we went (4 years ago at Easter) it was a piece of cake!

Was planning on booking HS for our first day but when I went on to book FP today there was no TOT available all day - does anyone know why this is? I know there is a refurbishment going on but no FP?

In the end I switched our plan so that first day will be at MK - managed to book Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Peter Pans Flight for times ranging 12.40 - 4pm.

Anyway, other than wanting to know what's going on with TOT, I was wondering what 3 rides (excluding TOT) you guys would FP at HS as we are now planning to make HS our 2nd day (need to get in there before SW GE opening!).

Thanks in advance!
rebeccacassar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Yeah half the tower is out of use due to maintenance/refurb.
We couldn't get a ToT FP for day 1 at HS at 60 days out 😊

You might be hard pushed to get slinky too.

I'd book Toy Story Mania, Star tours & Aerosmith & check daily to see if you can maybe swap/modify one of them for ToT if a slot becomes available 😊

Edited at 09:17 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Yeah half the tower is out of use due to maintenance/refurb.
We couldn't get a ToT FP for day 1 at HS at 60 days out 😊

You might be hard pushed to get slinky too.

I'd book Toy Story Mania, Star tours & Aerosmith & check daily to see if you can maybe swap/modify one of them for ToT if a slot becomes available 😊
Thanks Cha Cha - yes after looking at your suggestions think we will book Aerosmith & Star Tours - we have 12 and 14 year olds so was wondering if its worth doing TSM?

If not are any of the shows worth Fast Passing?
rebeccacassar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rebeccacassar View Post
Thanks Cha Cha - yes after looking at your suggestions think we will book Aerosmith & Star Tours - we have 12 and 14 year olds so was wondering if its worth doing TSM?

We love tsm and our kids are 15 and 11 it's lots of fun.
We could only get the same fast passes as you and that was 60 days out.
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PACOOK
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I would go for you story mania and aerosmith, plus one other (star tours maybe). Don't book any fast pass until at least 10:00 as it is a waste. Pick between ToT and slinky dog and head there at rope drop. And keep trying for fast pass for the other when there by modifying your last one. I would personally go with tower of terror as the line gets no better at any time. 120 mins plus. Slinky seems to move better. We had to rope drop ToT on Saturday and it broke down and had to wait an hour. Slinky we wanted about 30 mins when we rope dropped that last week.
PACOOK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

We in FP booking phase 30 days out. I'm finding the whole process crazy and stressful tbh. Not getting any FP's for the morning and any 'big' ride is unavailable. We went 4 years ago and the FP planning was a real fun lead up to the holiday. This year is causing a real headache and is a bit of a downer.

It's a stupid system.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
We in FP booking phase 30 days out. I'm finding the whole process crazy and stressful tbh. Not getting any FP's for the morning and any 'big' ride is unavailable. We went 4 years ago and the FP planning was a real fun lead up to the holiday. This year is causing a real headache and is a bit of a downer.

It's a stupid system.
This is our fifth visit, so third with pre bookable fp, we never stay onsite, and have found this year very difficult/ stressful to book.
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
This is our fifth visit, so third with pre bookable fp, we never stay onsite, and have found this year very difficult/ stressful to book.
So been travelling to Disney for years now and I agree completely! This Septembers is so stressful. I'm blaming the unknown GE effect as I've really struggled even at 60 days out (for example FOP was not available before 4pm any day!)
Old 23 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rebeccacassar View Post

I think TSM is good for all ages, some people get a bit competitive over it - ha
We love TSM and would definitely recommend it. Bet your kids will really enjoy it 😊

Btw - we're just back & were able to get quite a few good FP's after we'd used our initial 3.

We got: Test track, Soarin, Frozen, illuminations at Epcot.

Aerosmith, TSM, Star Tours at HS, could have got alien swirling saucers too, but decided to give that one a miss!

Lots of good FP's at MK - the only 2 we couldn't get on the day were Seven Dwarfs & Peter Pan.

We also got Navi, Safari & Everest at AK on the day. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I think TSM is good for all ages, some people get a bit competitive over it - ha
We love TSM and would definitely recommend it. Bet your kids will really enjoy it 😊

Btw - we're just back & were able to get quite a few good FP's after we'd used our initial 3.

We got: Test track, Soarin, Frozen, illuminations at Epcot.

Aerosmith, TSM, Star Tours at HS, could have got alien swirling saucers too, but decided to give that one a miss!

Lots of good FP's at MK - the only 2 we couldn't get on the day were Seven Dwarfs & Peter Pan.

We also got Navi, Safari & Everest at AK on the day. 😊
Thanks Cha Cha that's good to know - last time we were there we didn't bother booking any more once we had used our first 3 but think we definitely will this time!