Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
QuickSilver
Unread 5 May 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Well, if this helps, I would recommend staying at the Grand Hyatt over staying at the Westin. I like the area around the Grand Hyatt better, and the Hyatt is a lovely hotel in and out. The Marriott Marquis next door as well as the Hilton Bayfront down the road are equally wonderful places too.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Well, if this helps, I would recommend staying at the Grand Hyatt over staying at the Westin. I like the area around the Grand Hyatt better, and the Hyatt is a lovely hotel in and out. The Marriott Marquis next door as well as the Hilton Bayfront down the road are equally wonderful places too.
I have to agree with Amy re the Hilton Bayside, we really enjoyed our stay there, nice hotel well placed. You'll enjoy San Diego, it's a great city.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
I have to agree with Amy re the Hilton Bayside, we really enjoyed our stay there, nice hotel well placed. You'll enjoy San Diego, it's a great city.
Thanks for adding your recommendation too, UL! 👍 So, any future plans to return to San Diego yet? Do you know they closed Anthony's fish restaurant downtown? I'm pretty sure you're the person I know that liked both Anthony's and the Fish Market...I hope I got the right person here lol...
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Thanks for adding your recommendation too, UL! 👍 So, any future plans to return to San Diego yet? Do you know they closed Anthony's fish restaurant downtown? I'm pretty sure you're the person I know that liked both Anthony's and the Fish Market...I hope I got the right person here lol...
Yes, that would be me! I know that you said the locals weren't too pleased about the way Anthony's were treated.
No West Coast plans on the horizon as yet as we've been busy with my Daughter's wedding earlier this year, but rest assured we will be back! I've said it before, San Diego is my favourite city in the USA, and we love the whole SoCal atmosphere you seem to have there!
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok, I did tell you about Anthony's already- couldn't remember.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! That's an exciting time in a family's life, and I understand how it overwhelms all other plans like holidays etc. Maybe when you do make it back to San Diego, we could meet up and say "hi".
Unread 7 May 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Ok, I did tell you about Anthony's already- couldn't remember.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! That's an exciting time in a family's life, and I understand how it overwhelms all other plans like holidays etc. Maybe when you do make it back to San Diego, we could meet up and say "hi".
It certainly does! We have had to fit in short European breaks around all the planning etc, but now that's all done with we need to give serious thought to my 60th next year. We are definitely thinking about the USA, either returning to Florida for the first time in 12 years or perhaps the West Coast again. If it's the latter you can be sure that San Diego will figure in the plans and it would be a pleasure to have a chat face to face.
Unread 7 May 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok, just keep in touch with me if your plans do come out this way.
Unread 7 May 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Thank-you both. We've got the Courtyard Liberty Station booked on a cancellable rate for the time being and will keep watching the prices on the Hyatt & Hilton. It's currently $199 for the Courtyard vs $285 for the Hyatt and $266 for the Hilton plus tax so still a bit of a difference.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween at DLP
Discount Florida Car Hire