Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
QuickSilver
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 5 May 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#425
Aims
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Mobile

Well, if this helps, I would recommend staying at the Grand Hyatt over staying at the Westin. I like the area around the Grand Hyatt better, and the Hyatt is a lovely hotel in and out. The Marriott Marquis next door as well as the Hilton Bayfront down the road are equally wonderful places too.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#426
UncleLatch
Imagineer
 
UncleLatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 05

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Well, if this helps, I would recommend staying at the Grand Hyatt over staying at the Westin. I like the area around the Grand Hyatt better, and the Hyatt is a lovely hotel in and out. The Marriott Marquis next door as well as the Hilton Bayfront down the road are equally wonderful places too.
I have to agree with Amy re the Hilton Bayside, we really enjoyed our stay there, nice hotel well placed. You'll enjoy San Diego, it's a great city.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#427
Aims
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Mobile

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
I have to agree with Amy re the Hilton Bayside, we really enjoyed our stay there, nice hotel well placed. You'll enjoy San Diego, it's a great city.
Thanks for adding your recommendation too, UL! 👍 So, any future plans to return to San Diego yet? Do you know they closed Anthony's fish restaurant downtown? I'm pretty sure you're the person I know that liked both Anthony's and the Fish Market...I hope I got the right person here lol...
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#428
UncleLatch
Imagineer
 
UncleLatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 05

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Thanks for adding your recommendation too, UL! 👍 So, any future plans to return to San Diego yet? Do you know they closed Anthony's fish restaurant downtown? I'm pretty sure you're the person I know that liked both Anthony's and the Fish Market...I hope I got the right person here lol...
Yes, that would be me! I know that you said the locals weren't too pleased about the way Anthony's were treated.
No West Coast plans on the horizon as yet as we've been busy with my Daughter's wedding earlier this year, but rest assured we will be back! I've said it before, San Diego is my favourite city in the USA, and we love the whole SoCal atmosphere you seem to have there!
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#429
Aims
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Mobile

Ok, I did tell you about Anthony's already- couldn't remember.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! That's an exciting time in a family's life, and I understand how it overwhelms all other plans like holidays etc. Maybe when you do make it back to San Diego, we could meet up and say "hi".
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#430
UncleLatch
Imagineer
 
UncleLatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 05

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Ok, I did tell you about Anthony's already- couldn't remember.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! That's an exciting time in a family's life, and I understand how it overwhelms all other plans like holidays etc. Maybe when you do make it back to San Diego, we could meet up and say "hi".
It certainly does! We have had to fit in short European breaks around all the planning etc, but now that's all done with we need to give serious thought to my 60th next year. We are definitely thinking about the USA, either returning to Florida for the first time in 12 years or perhaps the West Coast again. If it's the latter you can be sure that San Diego will figure in the plans and it would be a pleasure to have a chat face to face.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#431
Aims
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Mobile

Ok, just keep in touch with me if your plans do come out this way.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#432
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 16
Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
I have to agree with Amy re the Hilton Bayside, we really enjoyed our stay there, nice hotel well placed. You'll enjoy San Diego, it's a great city.
Thank-you both. We've got the Courtyard Liberty Station booked on a cancellable rate for the time being and will keep watching the prices on the Hyatt & Hilton. It's currently $199 for the Courtyard vs $285 for the Hyatt and $266 for the Hilton plus tax so still a bit of a difference.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween at DLP
Reply With Quote
Reply
Discount Florida Car Hire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Escapes

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
American Attractions

theDIBB Menu

Florida Tix

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2002
CaxtonFX  $1.1995
Covent Garden FX  $1.2110
FAIRFX  $1.2000
John Lewis  $1.2012
M&S  $1.1777
Post Office  $1.1948
Sainsburys  $1.2000
TESCO  $1.2011
Travelex  $1.1915
Updated: 16:30 23/08/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0838
CaxtonFX  €1.0767
Covent Garden FX  €1.0866
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0875
M&S  €1.0664
Post Office  €1.0796
Sainsburys  €1.0845
TESCO  €1.0855
Travelex  €1.0765
Updated: 16:30 23/08/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Fri 23rd Aug 11:54am
Now: 31C/88F
Moderate Rain
Moderate Rain
Cloud Cover: 40%
Rainfall: 1.27mm
Wind: 10mph - ENE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1017mb
Humidity: 66%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 15:50 23/08/2019